Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 5

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This morning was a long walk day I did my four mile loop, it was a beautiful morning as well so good for the psyche as well as the equipment.

I lost .4 lbs since yesterday, according to the scale. This adds up to 2.8 lbs. per week, which is about right based on my numbers. So doing some reverse cipherin' that suggests that I am burning about 1400 calories a day as fat or muscle, hopefully fat.

For the rest of this week I'm going to remain on the 16-8 eating schedule, skipping breakfast daily and not eating after 8:00 PM. Next week I will try the 20 - 4 schedule and see how it goes. I may have to redo the Canada Trip, this time riding around with my Canadian Rep, which will mean business lunches so I may need to remain flexible.

But I'm feeling really good! I can tell even without the OCD daily weigh-ins that I am losing weight as I am getting comfortably into shirts that were snug on me before and I've moved a couple of belt holes in the right direction!

One of these days I'll figure out how to add one of those fancy weight ticker things to my signature line and chart my progress. But for now I am just pleased that it is going along so well.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am really having fun reading your journal and being reminded of my own first weeks of primal - which weren't that long ago! Isn't it great to not be hungry all of the time? There are so many great things about being primal, but that is one of the best IMHO.

I hope you have lots of money for new clothes - you're going to need them!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Thanks! Well, being a yo-yo dieter for the past 30 years I have amassed a great deal of clothing in a wide range of sizes that should see me through for the next 30 pounds. I am looking forward to when all of these will be too big for me.

When I get down below 220 then I'll need to start buying new things! Happy day when that day comes!

I went to a party at my cousins house after work. In fact the visit was more for me to build a gate in place of a section of fence to allow people to walk to the lake that is across the street. It just turned into a party.

As a thank you, she made me Beef Wellington, the pastry shell was decidedly not Primal, but I ate it anyway. Two big slices, I tried to see how many carbs are in two piecses of puff pastry, each 1-1/4-inch wide, 12-inches long and 1/4-inch thick, but clearly it was too many. The rest of the day was good, except...

Wine.

I have modified my resolve from not drinking at all, to only drinking one or two glasses of red wine... Once or twice a week.

I will try this and see if I can do it and not abuse it. I did well last night, despite being offered averything from beer and whiskey, to grape vodka fizz's (ick!). I had a half a dozen big glasses of ice water, I was working hard and sweating like crazy. Normally during the work I'd be guzzling beer, (hey, power tools are way too scary to use sober!) but I stuck to water. I had wine with the incredibly good meal (I made cauliflower) and later a second glass after dinner while we sat on the deck by the light of tiki torches
    and watched the thunderstorms roll over the lake

It was a wonderful night. I had every bit as good a time as when I was drinking more, and was good to drive, and am not hung over in the least.

I'll fast until dinner tonite. And resume workouts in the morning tomorrow, I was home late and slept in.

Slow Friday at work...

SWMBO is having one of her old friends over for the weekend, so I am making myself as scarce as possible.

No Breakfast today, no lunch either, though I did go to the beach and wade in a bit. I didn't bring a suit with me today so no swimming :-(.

I don't really feel hungry at all, so far. Tonite we are going out for a fish dinner somewhere, as this friend of SO's "only eats fish..." It's like, "Hi, can I come visit you? Great, here's a list of what I will and will not eat, please plan accordingly." This is why I don't like this person. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I am a guest in somebody's home I eat what is served. Of course as hosts, you want to make your guests feel at home and comfortable, but to announce what you will, or will not eat seems a bit rude.

Bitch, moan, whine... I'll get over it. I like fish... She's only here for a couple of days, which is good, because to paraphrase Franklin, guests, like fish begin to stink after three days...

Update: Made it through the day, still not ravenous, dinner (fish) won't be for another couple of hours yet. I think I'll make it! :-)
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 07-27-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    You could always fry up the guest...

I agree, had a houseguest like that when I first moved to Maine. We Mainers tend to be very popular in the summer. It was bad enough when she came, but she started bringing her spoiled brat 16-year-old daughter. The last straw was when I came down to make breakfast one morning and discovered that said daughter had gotten a bit peckish in the middle of the night, taken ALL my food out of the refrigerator (2 lbs of cold cuts, cheese, potato salad), made a huge sandwich, taken one bite, then left it all sitting out on the counter. A week's worth of food ruined. And my 'friend' didn't see a problem with this. Friends like this I do not need. BUT I'm sure your guest is a lot nicer and the visit will be really positive.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ugh, that's awful! I'm not sure which is worse, the kid or the parent...

Dinner was two pounds of shrimp and a BAS, one glass of wine and a tiny piece of the Swiss chocolate :-), which the guest gave us as a gift. I guess she's not all bad!

Clarification: I did not eat the entire two pounds of shrimp. It was shared amongst us. Likely I had 3/4 pound.
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 07-28-2012 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Clarification

artyscat is offline Senior Member
    Wow ! Just read through your thread sounds like its going really well ! It's great when clothes are not so snug but havtasay my waist is not shrinking like yours ...well done fantastic !

Hi Artsycat! It is going well! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Now on to news. The parties, the lavish business trips, the jet set life (Ha!) have all taken a toll on my exercise. So this morning I took a walk of about four miles. The sky is overcast, so I couldn't see the sun rise, but I am sure it was beautiful somewhere.

Dinner last night with our guest was actually fun, despite my earlier grousing. I guess she suffers from all sorts of stomach upset and can't tolerate rich foods, hence the dietary heads up. She is very matter of fact and assertive in her demeanor and it comes off as controlling and rude to me, but really she is very nice.

unfortunately, as she is sleeping in the guest room, I cannot get in there to weigh myself.

Whew! Everybody is gone from the house, now I can relax. SWMBO decided we all should have pancakes for breakfast, which translates to, "David, make us pancakes for breakfast." I obey.

So I made up a batch of pumpkin spice pancakes and served it waiter style because I wasn't going to eat any. This invited my first in depth discussion about eating Primally with our weekend guest. She is quite fit and slender, interested in diet in a conventional sense. It was an interesting discussion. She hadn't heard about Paleo eating before but it turns out that she naturally eats according to the major principles. She did manage to eat six pancakes readily enough, passed on the butter and very little maple syrup made by my Nephew in VT.

It's funny, I thought I would have a hard time making pancakes for everybody and not eating any, but I didn't have any problem with it at all. They came out really well, but I didn't want any.

I expect that they will be back soon (sigh) because they are going to my son's tennis lesson and then to an outdoor party, but it is looking pretty stormy.

Page 5 of 103 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast