Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 48

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry I haven't been very active on the forum lately. It is a busy time of year for me right about now, work wise. Lots of traveling and business to attend to. I managed to not put on any noticeable weight during the holidays, which is a minor triumph. I wasn't as careful about eating as I should've been, but by contrast to my typical holiday eating, I was good both in my choices and in quantity.

This week has been pretty good. I have been in mild ketosis since Tuesday, trying to keep my carbs under 50 - 75 grams daily. My calorie totals I've been trying to keep under 2000 a day. I don't record them every day, but when I do I'm pretty close, as often below as above.

I downloaded Marks new book and I hope to get to reading it this weekend. It's hard to find time during the winter, because I go to bed so early and wake up relatively late sort of following the sun, so it intrudes on time for reading.

But I am looking forward to diving into it.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I wish I'd bought the ebook - still waiting for mine to arrive. I got the actual book because I thought I'd be paging back and forth a lot, and also I hope to have people see me reading it. I guess that sounds kind of weird, but I would like to get at least one person at work converted. They are all so unhealthy. It makes me sad. But I can't wait to read it.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Hi Folks!

Long time no see! I've mostly made it through the Winter. I'm one of those people who suffers from Seasonal depression and this year it was worse than it has been in a good long time. I am not blaming this on PB by the way, I fell off the PB wagon during the holidays, well before the depression kicked in, and if anything the bad diet has made the depression worse. I am still enthusiastic about PB despite my failure to adhere to it.

This is also the first year in many that I was not medicated for it. I have intolerable (to me) side effects from most anti-depressents (everyone I've tried) so made a commitment to myself not to take them anymore. If the result is that I spend most of my free time in my bathrobe pacing back and forth in the living room for three months every year, well so be it.

I sort of commited (I don't really know how a person "sort of" commits to anything but...) to getting back on the PB bandwagon on March first. Then I caught the flu and most of the month has been a blur. Never did get around to getting the flu shot... I'm slowly recovering from that.

So some sunny weather would be welcome, but I didn't break anything job or relationship-wise during the dark months and while I have put some weight back on, it isn't too much, judging by how my clothes fit. I haven't wanted to get on a scale, too depressing.

Now is as good a time as any to start again. I had thought about starting a new journal, but I didn't. This one is fine. I am happy to be back! :-)
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 03-11-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Finished a missing thought.
    Body Fat 27.5

David, I'm so happy you are back! I missed you! I had a feeling you might be feeling the effects of winter and that's why you hadn't posted. But spring is here (well, meteorological spring) and there is a lot of meat and veg to be eaten.

My new thing is running around barefoot on the cold hard ground, even laying on it, and insisting that it makes me warm and tingly. How's that for a welcome back?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Welcome back David. You've been missed. Sorry you had a sucky winter/flu season. Hoping the sun shines on you soon!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Hi Siobhan, Thanks! I have done a little intentional earth grounding, and I am convinced it is a good thing, particularly if you spend a lot of time indoors in controlled environments. Last year I tried to spend as much time at the beach as practical and was better off for it, I think. I can't wait to feel warm and tingly!
    Body Fat 27.5

Hi Pedidoc,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I did manage in February, days after the blizzard (we got 32-inches of snow!) to spend a week in Anaheim CA for a trade show. It was a nice respite and improved my mood considerably, but coming home was hard.

I am feeling better just at the prospect of spring and sunny days.
    Body Fat 27.5

campanella is offline Senior Member
    Hi, glad you're back! It's probably a good thing to not spend too much time online but it's nice for me when other people do

I'm MORE than ready for summer. It's not far off though!

Watching the seasons change is so exciting! It is amazing how quickly it happens. One day we are snowed under and frozen, and then the sun returns - I never fail to marvel at this.

Hey, your first day back and you get a SPAMBOT! Don't you feel special?

Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast