Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 47

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kind of a quiet day today, I am restoring am antique toy piano for a friend of mine and just putting the finishing touches onto it. It's a fun little project, perfect for a cold January afternoon. Food has been great today. A couple of eggs with some leftover steak this morning, some grass-fed, Applegate hot dogs and a half an avocado for lunch. Somewhere in there was a handful of cashews and some coffee. I'm finally feeling completely well after my bout with the flu.

It's cold here in Ct, but in a week or so, I go to New Orleans for a trade show. I am looking forward to that.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Cold here in Maine! And we're buried in snow.

I tried some Niman Ranch hot dogs because the store was out of the Applegate - they aren't nearly as good. More expensive too! I hope they get the Applegate dogs back.

What is your friend going to do with the piano?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

He's actually going to give it to his children. His Father in law "restored" it but sorta botched it, and the legs were nearly broken off, so I rebuilt it and added a proper base so the legs would attach top an bottom, the way they do on a real upright piano. It also needed refinishing. I wanted to get it done for Christmas, but that didn't happen thanks to the Flu...

My Brother in Law lives way up in Maine, right near the Canadian Border, he said they have 3 feet of snow. Yikes! I like snow, but that's more than I need...
    Body Fat 27.5

Whew! I'm glad we don't have that much. I think it snows up in the County just about every day. I think I have just insured that we won't get much snow this winter, as I bought studded snow tires. That's okay, they work great on ice too.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Yeah, he lives up in 'Aroohstah' county (I don't know how to spell the name of the place). He loves the snow so it is good for him. I like snow too, but as I get older I seem to like it less.

However, I really hate hot weather, so there is no moving South for me. CT is usually pretty mild as far as Winters go. For years I lived up in Amherst, MA and Winters were far worse there.

I have to make more of a concerted effort to get outside and get a bit of sun daily (when it is out). Feeling the Winter SAD coming on. It's always worse after the holidays. One more week then I get to go to New Orleans!
    Body Fat 27.5

me.jpg

Me on Christmas Eve!
    Body Fat 27.5

You look great! What a change from your avatar!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Very handsome!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Looking good, David. (It kind of looks like the mirror image of Siobhan's icon, the way she looks off to the right. )

Thanks all, I thought my face was getting thinner, glad I wasn't imagining it.

Well things have settled down a bit, what with the Flu which hit the family hard and the office too. Lotta catching up to do (still) after the holiday. Food has been pretty good for the most part. I downloaded Marks new book from the Kindle store and have started to read it. I have made a couple of New Year's resolutions. First, I am not going to weigh myself more than once a month. For all the reasons you might suspect. I was weighing myself daily, whhich was fine while I was actively losing weight and it was a study in frustration during plateaus.

Mostly I am trying to make the best food choices possible at every meal, limit my social drinking and try to get outside and stay active throughout the Winter. Winter is hard for me because my instinct is to sit in front of the fire, eat warm homemade buttered bread and drink whiskey. There's something about seeing a fire dancing through a whiskey glass that speaks comfort to me.

It's self medicating for sure. But I'm not doing it.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast