Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 4

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So to finish the description of my meals today:

Lunch, I cooked up a pound of the grass fed bacon (yum!), cut up into bite sized pieces, poured off most of the excess fat, then sautéed some cabbage. I ended up pouring some water in after awhile and steaming it until the cabbage was soft. I added pepper and caraway seeds. It was great and made enough to last several lunches.

Dinner, roast turkey breast and a BAS.

A good primal day!

Today I am feeling a little better. Haven't had alcohol since Thursday, so far I haven't missed it. Today I go to the Outlaws and will be offered a drink, and I will have to tell them I've stopped. When I told SO about it, she was disappointed because we do enjoy a single glass of wine with dinner out and if I make something particularly nice at home. I told her when I get down to my goal weight I would reconsider. We will see.

Since today is the big meal, I will fast until then. I took a 4-mile walk, this walk brings me to a nice park, near the river that then empties into Long Island Sound. The park has playgrounds, several baseball diamonds, tennis courts and a walking path around it and crisscrossing through it. I did some sprinting there, I would walk for a hundred paces, then sprint for 20. Of the 20, 5 were warm-ups 10 were full bore and the remaining 5 were cooling down. I did 8-cycles. I read in one of Mark's blog posts that there are even benefits to 8-second bursts. So, good! I'll try to work up to being able to sprint for 30 seconds total (5-20-5).

I am mindful of injury. During my drunken antics at the hotel pool, one night on the trip, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder (anterior deltoid). It interferes with some of the exercising that I do.

Tomorrow is my lift heavy things day. I'll have to be careful.
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 07-22-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Before Picture

Since I never posted a before picture.

In this picture, taken several years ago (my son is now almost 7) I was problably about the weight that I was when I started Paleo, in early June. I did that for a month or more before progressing to PB. Incidentally I can tell I was this weight based on the the clothes that I am wearing in the picture. So I was 275 - 280.

Of course I would prefer to have a more recent picture, but like a lot of fat people, when I was at my largest, I wasn't really happy to have my picture taken, so I had to dig one up. My hair is a bit more grey, thanks to the handsome dude in my arms. :-)

I still wear the shirt, though now it fits better. I'll take progress pics soon!

Dinner at the outaws! No breakfast. Lunch was some of the bacon and cabbage stuff I made yesterday. Dinner was sausage and peppers over pasta. I double downed on the salad, putting it on my dinner plate and putting the sausage and peppers right on top. I skipped the bread and pasta completely. It was fine.

I politely declined the drink offered and nobody cared. SO may have given them a heads up.

Hmmm...spam? But heck, a visitor is a visitor!

Today is lift heavy things day. I mentioned above somewhere that I am doing these phone apps where you input how many squats or pushup or Situps you want to be able to do continuously. The program gives you a series of sets to do with timed intervals. So I am doing these. I started before starting PB and I want to finish the series. The only difference is that I am doing sit-ups, not planks (I will add those once I read up on them again) and I do not yet have a chin up bar. The one I ordered should be arriving today, so will be ready for the next LHT day.

No breakfast today, I am intrigued by the whole IF thing, but don't want to dive right in to the big single meal thing yet. But the 16-8 plan fits nicely into my life as it is now, I was never a big breakfast eater, or I ate garbage. So it really isn't much of a change for me. I likely won't do it every day, sometimes I have business lunches where it would be inappropriate anyway, so I need to be flexible so long as I stay within my guidelines.

Busy morning, worked right through break! But has slowed to manageable now.

During the trip, I bought beef jerky once or three times and enjoyed it. But I balked at how much salt and often sugar it has. So...says I...I have a freezer filled with meat, I could make beef jerky! So I ordered a dehydrator and soon I will make some! Anybody have any good primal recipes or tips to share?

Today is a rest day, still a little DOMS from yesterday's workout but not bad. I'm doing a long walk one day, sprints the next, lift heavy things the next followed by a day of rest.

I weighed myself this AM and am 255.6! :-)

No breakfast
    Lunch- Turkey Breast and Broccoli from last nights dinner
    Dinner- Pork Chops on the Grill, Grilled Squash, BAS

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Here is a jerky thread. I'd love to make jerky, but not really practical for me -

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread9212.html
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Wow! Thank you so much! I'm really excited about making it. I have several round roasts and other tougher cuts that I'd sacrifice to this endeavor, plus several pounds left from my last order that would be best used up in this way.

I had a nice dehydrator years ago in my first life, but lost custody of it (along with most everything else). I tried jerky once or twice with it but used it primarily for drying fruit, which my children (now in their 20s) loved.

Thanks again!

David

So I walked during lunch, whew...hot and muggy... it's about two miles and I took it at a nice slow pace, today is after all my rest day and I didn't want to become a total sweaty mess all afternoon.

During break and after lunch I've been reading up on fasting and thinking I will work my 16 -8 eating schedule to a 20 - 4 schedule (Warrior Diet) over the coming weeks. Perhaps eventually adding longer term fasts if all goes well.

I am amazed at how I am so rarely hungry on PB. :-)

Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast