Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 33

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My recipe came with a "perfect pickled kit" that I got from Selinas naturally. But it called for 1T Celtic sea salt per quart of shredded cabbage and 1t of caraway seeds. The kit I bought had a fermentation lock similar to the type used brewing beer. It's set up to use a 2 quart mason jar. It sits at room temperature for 4-5 day and it's done.

It's good. I'll do another batch and let it go longer. I like it more sour.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

So I have now (as of this morning) been eating normally (whatever that may mean) for two weeks approximately. So this week I am going to concentrate on the leptin reset, at least strictly for today and tomorrow. I travel all the rest of the week so that is always a crap shoot.

It was a nice weekend, not so good in terms of primal eating, because in all honesty, I really didn't plan very well. We had friends over for dinner Saturday and I grilled Salmon and Chicken breast and had a big salad, which was fine. They brought fancy Ice cream, which I indulged in, along with some wine... maybe a lot of wine :-/ *hic*

Sunday was less good. Leftovers, followed by dinner at the Outlaws. It was about the least primal meal I've eaten in months. I didn't eat much of it, but did have a slice of grocery store apple pie, even though I knew it would be awful (it was).

So today I had a big breakfast, didn't quite get up to the proscribed protein level, but close (eggs and kippers).

Feeling good!
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Heh, they tried to give me ice cream at church, but it was ordinary cheap stuff. No can do. If I was faced with really good ice cream, I would probably cave.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

Yeah, this was fancy Italian gelato, tiramasu flavored. I didn't stand a chance!
    Body Fat 27.5

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... and who would stand a chance?!?! We don't blame you!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Back home again. Well the best laid plans... I traveled to Pittsburgh and Cleveland this week. The local Rep likes to look up the "Man vs. Food" website and find restaurants that have been featured on the show and go to them for lunch in whatever city where we're traveling. So we went to an incredible sandwich place in Pitt. They make the absolute best sandwich I've ever had. I had a pastrami sandwich and their big thing is they put French fries on the sandwich. I would like to say I took them off and discarded the bread BUT IT WOULD BE A LIE!!! Sigh.. I washed it down with a beer.

The next day we went to Steve's Gyros in the West Side Market in Cleveland, also wonderful. Dinners were better from a Primal perspective, but dessert was had and beer.

I'm sure my weight has suffered. Certainly my stomach has suffered, I am bloated, and gassy and feeling quite unsettled. I will not go so far as to say it wasn't worth it, and I doubt that I have learned my lesson, but last night I threw a pork shoulder roast in the crock pot to cook over night and this morning had a small portion for breakfast and enjoyed how simple and delicious it was. I'll have that for lunch and dinner too.
    Body Fat 27.5

Back in the pre-primal days I had unfortunately discovered that potato chips are a great addition to sandwiches. Not on the side - in the sandwich. Probably best not to even mention that here, but confession is good for the soul. So I can see how FF would be very good in the sandwich.

BUT we are back to primal eating now!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Just had to jump in when I read the Pittsburgh restaurant experience. I used to live there and know of the sandwich of which you speak. I never cared for them because of the slaw on it. But the fries, oh my. Pittsburgh is known for putting fries on everything! Nothing like a buffalo chicken salad with fries! I must admit I miss fries on salad here in CA!

The potato chips on sandwich thing is something we did all the time as kids too. It was amazing to get the salt and the crunch. Tasted awesome with chipped ham (another Pittsburgh thing) or bologna.

Anyway, that is probably why I'm in the situation I am now. Back to real life grown-up food.

Hi Kim, If I lived in Pittsburgh near that place (Primanti Bros), I would weigh 400lbs... I do remember my Mother making us potato chip sandwiches, white bread, Charles chips, and butter (lots) for lunch when times were tight. She herself was a small child during the great depression and her family had to make due on short commons, and never really forgot it. I think she looked back with fondness on the potato chip sandwiches (I do too).

Well we are supposed to get the hurricane next week, and me with a lot of meat in the freezer... I went to the hardware store on my lunch hour to enquire about generators. I could've gotten one to be delivered Sunday, for about $800.00. But it would be a big, loud one and I decided not to. If things go wrong I will be hosting a Primal picnic for everybody in the Northeast!!
    Body Fat 27.5

PrimalCon New York
    Great! I mean, uh, I hope nothing bad happens. Especially since I am also in the Northeast. Wonder what Sandy will bring us?

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast