Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 26

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Still going strong! Still not hungry. I took a walk at lunch and was a bit low energy, but otherwise feel great! 32 hours in.

DC
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Ugh... Most nights when I am fasting, SWMBO and Boy have stuff to do, so they eat out. Not tonight. They called and could I please make Grilled Salmon, peas and pasta?

Testing my resolve... but I'm winning!
    Body Fat 27.5

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Way to go! Winning.........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Well kind of a weird re-entry from the fast. I went to a tailgating party and had a bunch of kielbasa, one hot dog roll, no chips or baked beans or chili or any of the other offerings. I did have a big apple and a glass of whiskey. I skipped all of the desserts. I was worried that I'd feel awful given the yucky food, but I actually feel fine. Maybe a bit dizzy, given the liquor. I probably won't eat anything until breakfast now. I'm not at all hungry.

On the scale this AM I weighed just over 232, so 5lbs fasted away, I'll gain some back and lose it again by Wednesday.

It was a fun day, Yale was destroyed by Dartmouth 34-14. Just the food choices were yucky. Everybody remarked how good I looked. :-)
    Body Fat 27.5

Well I'm not sure if it was the alcohol or the salty food making me retain water, but my weight shot up to 235.6 this AM. Still under last weeks weight by a thread. I am inclined to think I was dehydrated. In reading the fasting thread started by Piscator I know that fasting is dehydrating even though you drink lots of water while doing it.

Normally after the day that I fast my weight is up 1-1/2 - 2 lbs then the following day it's up again, then levels off and drops again due to my standard (ketogenic) diet. Yesterday's diet did throw me out of Ketosis, but I am back in it now, barely.

If it is just due to over zealous water retention, thanks to a pound of salty kielbasa, that should come off within a few days. My calorie total yesterday, was nearly 2000, but over 100gr carbs. It's interesting.
    Body Fat 27.5

Weight's higher still! This am I weighed exactly my pre fasted weight. I did make broth yesterday and it was kinda salty. I had some, well I might have had a lot...I have bad circulation in my legs and they swell when I'm retaining water. It's way better now than it was 50lbs ago, but is still an issue. They are a bit swollen so I believe I am retaining water, which would account for weight, since I am well into ketosis. I'll drink plenty of water today and see if I can flush some salt out.
    Body Fat 27.5

I took the day off because Boy has Columbus day off of school, SWMBO has to work and I have vacation time coming to me that I need to use or lose. So I broiled up some beef shanks and set them to cook in the slow cooker all day. They are wonderful! Great big bones with some marrow in them! I'll cut the meat off for dinner and lunches, boil up some veggies separately and keep the bones and broth going another day for bone broth. This time I'll put in a bit less salt. Before I go to bed I'll pitch in a little cider vinegar.

I do not know what sort of magic bone broth will work, but by gum I'll give it a go!

Boy and I took our tennis gear over to the courts in town and had a great couple of hours of pure fun. I have way more energy these days and can really run for the ball. Though I played football in high school (big as I was) tennis has always been my sport. I've been too fat and out of shape to really play much, but that is changing!

Boy's been taking lessons and is doing really well, we actually had several very reasonable rallys.

A fun day all around!
    Body Fat 27.5

My weight has now stabilized. I'm an ounce or two below yesterday's weight. I wonder if I have fasted too many times in a short period. This time the weight loss has been very different (hydration issues notwithstanding). Next week I'll be traveling again and not alone this time so fasting for 48 hours will not be convenient. I think I might skip it and still eat as ketogenically as possible.

Will think on that one a bit.
    Body Fat 27.5

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading some experience's of alternate day fasting, which are interesting. All of them who succeeded with it, fell into a definite pattern of up and down weight loss/gain/loss. I wish they had made charts- it is much easier for me to appreciate patterns in chart form. Maybe this last bump was just a blip.

Yeah, it's hard to say, the past three weeks were so regular in terms of the pattern. Of course my first day back this last time was a bit of a binge, so that may take some time to resolve. I may try two separate 24 hour fasts next week, because a single 48 hour one doesn't fit into my schedule.

I was glad that my weight gain stopped yesterday. I imagine I was dehydrated before and all of the salty foods may have added back fluids in a healthy way. I've eaten very little salt all of my life because of high blood pressure that I have had since my teens. So part of the remarkable weight loss I was experiencing that I thought was due to the fasting was probably dehydration.

Since my blood pressure has been better as I lose weight and because of PB, I can up my salt intake a smidge and hopefully it will regularize my hydration levels and I won't see the wild fluctuations as much.

But the fact remains that in the month past I have lost 12 -13 lbs. I'm very happy with that.

DC
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 26 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast