Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David) page 11

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Same here! Except with me it was my boys! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Well today I had an issue with cherries... I might have eaten a pound of cherries... In my defense they were the best cherries I ever had.

I suppose it could've been worse...
    Body Fat 27.5

Ooops! I was re-reading the guidelines and it says to not weigh one's self for the duration of the 30 days of the Whole 30. I have been weighing myself... dagnabbit!

Okay so I'll stop. But we go on! I've been hungry at odd moments and a bit dizzy now and then. I'm actually thinking that I might be coming down with something. But we'll see.
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I keep thinking it is so funny that you and I are completely different - the most notable being that I am a woman and you are a man - I live alone - I haven't always had weight problems - etc etc - but you keep having the same experiences as me, and keep verbalizing the same thoughts. Weird. I guess that is what is nice about these forums, and why they are motivating.

But...it is a little creepy that you felt like you were coming down with something when I developed a mild sinus infection. AND you ate a pound of cherries the day I ate a quart of blackberries.

If you think you might having a touch of the low-carb flu, I highly recommend sweet potato.
    Last edited by Siobhan; 08-25-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

That is weird...also weird that I bought sweet potatoes for the first time in months because they looked good at the store.

So it's Been a tense week at work and at home and feeling under the weather a bit I haven't been exercising like I should. So I decided I would take a long walk, it would either sweat the badness out of me, or bring it on full force! So I added a big loop to my long walk and did it. Whew, it was exhausting! I staggered home after nearly three hours! Just for shitzengiggles I plugged my route into Mapmyfitness.com and it was 10.4 miles!

My feet hurt!
    Body Fat 27.5

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Ten miles! How long did that take?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It was like two hours and fifty minutes, I am a pretty fast walker and maintained a brisk pace. One thing I didn't take into account was water, I was pretty thirsty by the time I got home! Despite the weighing prohibition, I did step on the scale and I was 248.4, so sweated out 4 lbs of water, in round numbers. After drinking water and having my way with a poor defenseless watermelon from the garden, I was up over 250 again soon enough!

Dinner was a nice piece of wild caught $almon and a mixed tomato salad from the garden. Just about perfect!
    Body Fat 27.5

I'm still not feeling quite right, no further symptoms, my Bataan death march didn't bring on the cold full force, and it didn't sweat it completely away. I was supposed to go to a pool party today, but I think I will skip it and keep quiet at home. I don't really feel much like eating, I'm lightheaded, headachey and a bit nauseated, but I'll make some eggs (ugh!) or something as soon as the troops leave for tennis lessons.

Maybe I'll take a short walk.
    Body Fat 27.5

So I ended up making eggs, but I put some fresh jalapeño peppers in there. So if I had any concern about a sinus infection, I don't any more. The peppers roasted and drained my sinuses completely, I think my head is now so clear that memories of my childhood are coming unbidden.

SWMBO and Boy are going to the Outlaws without me. They actually leave Tuesday to spend the week visiting her Brother up in Maine. I was supposed to go, but work is intense right now and while I love my BIL and his Wife, spending a week with them is enough to make me want to run in front of a logging truck. Since they have those up in Maine, it is prudent of me to stay behind.
    Body Fat 27.5

Lunch was some chicken breast cubed up and sautéed with some organic baby spinach. Dinner will be some pastured bacon cooked (stewed really) with cabbage. I got the idea from somebody's journal, only they did it with sausage. I'll probably also do up some sweet potato, complying with Siobahn's prescription to ward off carb flu, if in fact, that is what I am suffering.

I did a four-mile walk and felt okay. I much prefer walking in the dawn hours when nobody else is around. In the afternoon, everybody is out walking, jogging, strolling, rollerblading, cycling...particularly down near the beach. It's not that I am anti-social, it's just that I like solitude when I walk. Lately though I've been trying to sleep in a little more.

Oh well, the school year will soon be upon us, the summer people will be gone and peace will come again and the cooler weather.
    Body Fat 27.5

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast