Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why I love Primal! page

Ukprimalchick is offline Junior Member

This is why I love Primal!

First of all, I have gone from being on the maximum dose of not one, but Two blood pressure medications to now being on no blood pressure meds at all. my blood pressure control appears to be beautiful now. Unmedicated, I used to have readings in the region of 210/115 with a resting pulse of around 80. Today my blood pressure is 115/70 with a resting pulse of 55. I can't even believe this is possible!

And second, I have had my 10 year old daughter eating this way for the past 4 weeks because she was getting definitely overweight and having quite horrific food related behaviour which was never going to be tolerated by me! I didn't weigh her, she is after all a growing child! But I took some measurements, and after 4 weeks she has lost 8cm from her waist which is just a fabulous result. She looks brilliant now, and is eating so well, I am really proud of her because she has looked Haribo and chocolate in the face several times and turned them down.

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, great news.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Good mom!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

franbee is offline Junior Member
    well done to you for not being scared of changing your daughters eating habits and helping her now so latter in life she doesnt have to struggle, your a great mum,

Piskie is offline Junior Member
    Amazing change to your BP - really inspiring, well done you

Bron is offline Senior Member
    that is fabulous news. Congratulations to you both!

rhiarti is offline Member
    Fabulous news on both fronts - warmest congratulations!

Given how heavy-handed advertising is nowadays, that's one mighty powerful psychological tool you've provided for your girl, too. I know non-Primal friends persist in believing I'm somehow blessed with superhuman willpower when turning down sweets, cakes, drink, meals when I'm not hungry, etc. Truth is, eating this way has just naturally shut off any desire for the wrong kinds of food - no virtue required!

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukprimalchick View Post
    First of all, I have gone from being on the maximum dose of not one, but Two blood pressure medications to now being on no blood pressure meds at all.
    There's hope for me then! I have lost 25lbs but still have another 40 or more to go. My blood pressure just now was 123/70 but that's still taking the two medications I have been on for years. But, that IS an improvement on the 140/90 it was before I lost the weight. I shall keep monitoring it and when it drops a bit more, I will have a word with my doctor and give up one of the drugs. Hopefully when I lose some more weight I will be able to bin the other one too.

Anyway, well done you, and, of course your daughter.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Thanks everyone as pleased as I am about my own blood pressure, naturally it is my daughters success that delights me the most. I so didn't want her to follow me and her dad into obesity so I had to tackle it, both in myself and then her. Sadly my dh hasn't seen the light, but maybe one day.....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    There's hope for me then! I have lost 25lbs but still have another 40 or more to go. My blood pressure just now was 123/70 but that's still taking the two medications I have been on for years. But, that IS an improvement on the 140/90 it was before I lost the weight. I shall keep monitoring it and when it drops a bit more, I will have a word with my doctor and give up one of the drugs. Hopefully when I lose some more weight I will be able to bin the other one too.

Anyway, well done you, and, of course your daughter.
    Nigel I waited until my readings were seriously low and then dropped the meds one at a time. By seriously low, I mean around 90/50. It took a bit of time to drop them because I didn't want any kind of rebound effect so I kind of went to alternate days, then gradually stretched it out. To be fair, I did it without medical supervision because I am a cardiac nurse so could monitor myself closely and react to changes if I needed to.

Fingers crossed you get to drop yours soon too. Good luck xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast