Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gluten issues - how do they evolve? page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps while you are healing your gut, adding the irritant back before it's fully healed causes distress.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Perhaps while you are healing your gut, adding the irritant back before it's fully healed causes distress.
    That makes sense. When I was testing for the eczema trigger after my fast, I reacted more strongly to grains than now, 20years later. Seems time has tempered the reaction~ maybe brought some degree of tolerance, however small?

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Interpretation: that was a study done in a lab in a petri dish and a human study has not verified the findings.
    So what you are saying is we shouldn't trust studies but rather we should trust you...a morbidly obese, failed primal (heck you never really followed primal) with an eating disorder. Did I get that right?
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-08-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    So what you are saying is we shouldn't trust studies but rather we should trust you...a morbidly obese, failed primal (heck you never really followed primal) with an eating disorder. Did I get that right?
    lol, yes I said not to trust any study...like all of the studies that say that grains are good for you. Make sure not to trust any study that suggests that grains are healthy (pretty much all of them). Make sure to only trust studies that agree with your religious diet despite being extremely flawed. Show me a study that shows that gluten increases intestinal permiability in non celiac patients IN HUMANS and then I will listen. Your petri dish study is bogus and the fact that every time a primal/paleo person has to defend their anti grains sentiment it is brought up shows how flimsy your argument actually is.

And if you ask where all the studies showing grains are healthy, here you go

grains heart - Google Scholar

Its a conspiracy by big agra though. Just like 9/11 and the moon landing.

Once again there are no studies showing that grains are good for you only better than refined grains - you are just exchanging a greater poison for a lesser one.

We have provided you many, many studies showing how harmful grains are and the benefit of a primal diet that excludes grains. Yes they are petridish studies, yes they are studies on animals and yes they are small population studies but they are studies - which is more than what seem able to provide.

We have found studies that show eating primal is fantastic and that eating wheat/grains is bad. You do you work now, find studies that show that eating grains and especially eating wheat is better than avoiding them altogether - Either put up or shut up.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Once again there are no studies showing that grains are good for you only better than refined grains - you are just exchanging a greater poison for a lesser one.

We have provided you many, many studies showing how harmful grains are and the benefit of a primal diet that excludes grains. Yes they are petridish studies, yes they are studies on animals and yes they are small population studies but they are studies - which is more than what seem able to provide.

We have found studies that show eating primal is fantastic and that eating wheat/grains is bad. You do you work now, find studies that show that eating grains and especially eating wheat is better than avoiding them altogether - Either put up or shut up.
    Just look at the first 100 studies for grains and heart. If what you were saying was true the people that ate the least amount of grains in those studies would be the healthiest, which is never the case.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Again not what I asked...we know grains are poison and eating whole grains are better.

Where is the study showing eating is grains is better than not eating them! Show us a study that promotes your religion....lol

PS regarding the harm from gluten studies have been posted for you I guess you didn't bother to read them.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123