Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gluten issues - how do they evolve? page 2

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup. It seems we are all celiac just to varying degrees.
    Ughhh, no.

Yup. It seems we are all celiac just to varying degrees.
    Ughhh, no. Unless of course you mean 99% of us are celiac to a negative degree.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This response to eating non-primal foods, including gluten, was temporary for me. I have heard from quite a few other long term primal eaters that it is temporary for them as well.

It seems to last for 6 months to a year or so. I'm not sure if it takes that long for the gut to really heal up or what the deal is. But now I can eat anything in moderation if I chose to. It's not a regular thing, but I really enjoy having a nice piece of homemade cake or a piece of artisan pizza once in a while without having to worry about it.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Almost everyone would benefit to some degree by eliminating grains

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    What I mean is gluten increases gut permeability (leaky gut) in everyone.....just to different degrees. I know you had to see this from your other thread, but just in case here it is for you again....

From Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, 2006; 41: 408 /419
    Gliadin, zonulin and gut permeability: Effects on celiac and non-celiac

"Based on our results, we concluded that gliadin activates zonulin signaling irrespective of the genetic expression of autoimmunity, leading to increased intestinal permeability to macromolecules."

Interpretation....gluten causes leaky gut in everyone.

and of course that is also from here Hey Robb, this person said gluten free diets are bogus!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    What I mean is gluten increases gut permeability (leaky gut) in everyone.....just to different degrees. I know you had to see this from your other thread, but just in case here it is for you again....

"Based on our results, we concluded that gliadin activates zonulin signaling irrespective of the genetic expression of autoimmunity, leading to increased intestinal permeability to macromolecules."

and of course that is also from here Hey Robb, this person said gluten free diets are bogus!
    You don't expect him to read that do you?

Even if you accept the premise that we have evolved enough in 10,000 years to handle gluten and gladin, there is no way our bodies could have adapted to the frankenwheat that was produced in the last generation nor is it likely we could handle the extra gluten and gladen that is added to foods everywhere.

Between your studies and the one I posted earlier anyone who continues to eat wheat and processed foods on a regular basis is clearly asking for trouble.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Interpretation: that was a study done in a lab in a petri dish and a human study has not verified the findings.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    It may not have anything to do with gluten. I was like that after I didn't eat potatoes for a while. I started eating them and had digestive issues at first, took me a week or 2 before I can handle them again. Same thing with bread, I ate bread my whole life without any troubles (besides some weight gain by passive overconsumption when my metabolism slowed) but then developed a sensitivity to it after not eating it for so long. That's why I use 20% leniency a bit more these days with those types of foods so I have more flexibility and the option to go out and eat anything at restaurants occasionally without any troubles.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Interpretation: that was a study done in a lab in a petri dish and a human study has not verified the findings.
    LOL there is a pretty clear trail to the benefits of removing gluten in those studies...but you go ahead and ignore them and keep trying to convince yourself that grains are healthy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Trying to decide~ you're either very young (23 or so) and inexperienced, stubborn or just plain stupid. Try to understand this~ gluten may not be a problem for YOU. It is, however, a problem for most of us here on MDA. So get over it. If you want to post here, shut up up about how innocent/healthy gluten is~ we've been there, done that and have the scars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast