Thread: Alternate Workouts for an Injury page

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member

Question Alternate Workouts for an Injury

I have been having issues with my shoulder after an injury for awhile now. My first priority is healing of course, so I've had to quit a lot of my staple workouts (pushups, lifts, rows, even running). But now I am kind of at a loss as to what type of motions to do to stay in shape. Anyone have some good, low impact, shoulder free strength training exercises they'd like to share?

CMDiamond is offline Junior Member
    Glad I scanned the forum and found this post as opposed to creating a new one, but I would like to piggy back on your question and ask for some specifics if anyone knows.

In the last 2 years, I have had arthroscopic surgery on both shoulders to repair SLAP lesions, provide a Bankart repair, and capsular shifts. Basically the only thing NOT wrong with both shoulders were my rotator cuffs (aside from severe atrophy).

Despite having the surgeries, I still have lingering instability in the left shoulder, and when I push, I feel the tendon rolling over the bone in my right shoulder. Hate to sound like a wuss, but it hurts. I want to regain strength, but I do NOT want to reinjure my shoulders. Are there adequate replacements in the PEM for pull-ups and push-ups?

Thanks everyone!

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    HAve a look here - Kettlebell questions and answers - Tactical Athlete

Go down to the question (currently the second question) beginning with "I've been trying to educate myself on shoulder-rehabilitation after I've subluxed or dislocated my left shoulder for the second time now. "

Jeff's story is pretty amazing - then watch this - he's juggling a 35# KB. Kettlebell Juggling, Jeff Martone - YouTube

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    HAve a look here - Kettlebell questions and answers - Tactical Athlete

Go down to the question (currently the second question) beginning with "I've been trying to educate myself on shoulder-rehabilitation after I've subluxed or dislocated my left shoulder for the second time now. "

Jeff's story is pretty amazing - then watch this - he's juggling a 35# KB. Kettlebell Juggling, Jeff Martone - YouTube
    +1
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

CMDiamond is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you very much. I have an appointment with an exercise physiologist (who is also a cross-fit advocate and trainer) to devise a safe and progressive workout plan for me. Thanks again!