Thread: Hey all! page

Inksplat is offline Member

Talking Hey all!

Primal Fuel
    So, I have been a decently long-time lurker around Mark's Daily Apple, but this is my first time really diving into the forums. But I figured it was about time.

I'm a 27 year old male currently living in Baltimore, MD, and I'm looking to get my stuff straightened out.

About 5 years ago I was at my then high of about 315 pounds, when I made a decision to change all that. I went for the "common wisdom" approach and cut my calories pretty drastically. Stuck to chicken and vegetables, granola and "healthy" low-fat options. I also worked my ass off, doing an hour on the elliptical every morning, walking two miles during every lunch break, and either walking or riding my bike after work for a couple miles every day. And I felt terrible every single day.

And in the end, I lost 90 pounds in under a year, down to 225. Unfortunately, it didn't last. I moved across the country, into the city, and got engaged. My eating habits took a nose dive, and pretty soon I was climbing back upwards.

I hit 240, then got things back under control. For a while. Eventually I was back to 240, and then 260. That's when I read Good Calories, Bad Calories, and discovered Mark's Daily Apple and figured I'd give it a shot.

With very little physical effort, I dropped pretty quickly back down to 225. But, I didn't stick with it.

After coming back from visiting my family, I found myself out for a cake tasting for my wedding. And then out to dinner after that. I figured, hey, it was one night, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The next day I felt awful, and didn't have it in me to cook, and didn't have anything pre-made. And that was how the biggest downward spiral of my life began.

Even as my wedding got closer, I kept getting fatter. When before, I had been so excited about being thinner than I ever had before at my wedding, so that people I hadn't seen in years could be wowed, less than a year after my most recent weight loss, I was suddenly at 290. And seeing pictures, it just kills me that I did that. Those pictures will be there, in my life, forever.

Down on my self after that, I kept going up, until recently when I weighed myself and found I was 325, heavier than I can ever remember being.

And that's when I decided that enough was enough, and no matter what mistakes I made, I had to change things. I had done it before, and I could do it again. Only this time, I had the best motivation in the world--a son due August 31st.

For the past couple of weeks I've struggled, on for a couple days, then off, back and forth. My support system at home is minimal, given some recent craziness with having to move in with my in-laws, and a pregnant wife sure as hell doesn't help.

So, I decided I would just throw it all out there and make a journal here on the forums, and just immerse myself in a community that, from my lurking, seems absolutely amazing.

Anyway, I guess that's a good enough ramble for now.

Hope to get to know all of you!

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome!!!