Thread: Burger made from 100% BACON!! 50/50 also available for you slackers page

Betorq is offline Senior Member

Burger made from 100% BACON!! 50/50 also available for you slackers

Primal Fuel
    Slater’s 50/50 Debuts a 100% Ground Bacon Burger | Foodbeast
    Slater’s 50/50 Debuts a 100% Ground Bacon Burger
    July 5, 2012 // 12:13 pm // By: Elie Ayrouth
    inhar

Southern California burger chain Slater’s 50/50 has spent the past couple years making a name for itself through its flagship burger patty that blends 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon into a local hero of a menu item.
    In celebration of one the most patriotic months of the year, the 3-location chain is debuting The ‘merica burger — a patty made of 100% ground bacon topped with a slice of thick cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a new “bacon island” dressing and a heavy slice of bacon cheddar cheese. Bacon on bacon on bacon — apparently the only way to top their 50/50 ground beef bacon blend patty is to go 100% bacon.
    This limited-time burger of the month for July comes on the heels of many over-the-top monthly burger concoctions from the increasingly popular restaurant. Just last month the chain featured a Pulled Pork Burger, the month before that was a Chorizo Burger, and in months prior they’ve had items like an Orange Chicken Burger, a Lamb Burger and even a Chili Cheese Frito Burger back in January of 2011.
    If you were the creative mind behind Slater’s burgers, what kind of burger would you have on the menu next month? Share your ideas in the comments!

Paleobird Guest
    There is a place here in San Diego called Crazy Burger that has burgers made from all different kinds of animals other than cows. Things like alligator, ostrich, elk, bison, wild boar, etc. Great stuff.

Freckleface is offline Junior Member
    Ah, yes. I love going to Slater's 50/50. I just had the beef/bacon burger yesterday. Sans bun, of course. It was delicious.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Crazy Burger, great name & concept w/ all the exotic meats. I'd like a wild boar burger w/ a side o' gator. There used to be a place in the SF Bay area called Death Burger, years ago. It might still be around. I stopped ordering/eating burgers in restaurants coz they overcook them almost consistently & I felt like an ass for always sending them back to make another one properly rare. & besides I prefer a monster homemade grass-fed burger cooked just the way I like it, where I can lick the plate w/ out being stared at. But next time I visit S.D. I'll have to seek out these meaty offerings.

Freckleface, what sides, if any, did you get w/ your 50/50 burger?

Freckleface is offline Junior Member
    Betorq

I typically get peppers, onions, and extra lettuce. They basically hand you a sheet of paper and have you design your burger. If I'm very hungry I get a fried egg on top. No sides. The burgers are filling with all that fat. They do have sweet potato fries, but I don't care for sweet potatoes.

There is also a chain in San Diego called Burger Lounge and they use only grass-fed beef.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Crazy Burger, great name & concept w/ all the exotic meats. I'd like a wild boar burger w/ a side o' gator. There used to be a place in the SF Bay area called Death Burger, years ago. It might still be around. I stopped ordering/eating burgers in restaurants coz they overcook them almost consistently & I felt like an ass for always sending them back to make another one properly rare. & besides I prefer a monster homemade grass-fed burger cooked just the way I like it, where I can lick the plate w/ out being stared at. But next time I visit S.D. I'll have to seek out these meaty offerings.

There's also a chain here called the Burger Lounge that does all grass fed burgers and has a lettuce wrap option. Nobody looks at you funny for going bunless.