Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about trying to do dairy page

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member

Thinking about trying to do dairy

Primal Fuel
    Hello.
    I'm a recovering exercise and diet induced hypogonadal (on an already weak hormonal profile) young man of 18 yo.
    Right now I'm gaining healthy weight, but it takes me to eat more or less 3000 kcal a day.
    I seem to be putting on more lean mass than fat since I was clearly underweight and I'm treated with testosterone.
    However, I eat only paleo foods right now, different cuts of different meats, fatty and lean fishes, vegetables, fruits, shredded coconut, coconut milk, coconut oil, duck/goose fat, unsweetened cocoa powder, 99% dark chocolate, flaxseed meal and oil in small quantities... Near to no nuts since I don't digest them well. (used to go quite nuts with almonds before)

Since the beginning of my primal journey I tended to avoid dairy as I don't know if I'm doing good with them. I remember having some very "acidic" problems when I was consuming milk and low fat cottage cheese back in my "stupid weight lifting and low fats" days. If I try dairy, I'd go for something with raw milk, organic, probably grass fed, something like gruyere/swiss cheese or parmezzano regiano on a pizza (cauliflower or jerusalem artichoke crust are absolutely awesome.).

Any testimonials, any possible experiences on the influence of dairy on weight gain/body composition ?

Thanks
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I added raw milk and cultured dairy to our families repertoire. It can definitely give you some dense calories and quality protein as long as you are not particularly casein or lactose sensitive.

I still alternate the raw milk with some coconut milk to round things out.

Far as weight...I'm not trying to gain or lose. I just wanna stay the weight I am and get stronger. And that I am, but I can't actually say it is do to the dairy. For me it just added variety. I don't think there is anything magical about it, especially since I already consume fermented veggies (so milk as a probiotic really isn't changing anything).

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I've done without dairy since april and have had no problem with congestion.
    I'm trying raw milk and cheeses since someone here said the "processing" was the problem.
    I think raw will be the way to go.

Congestion ?
    What do you mean ?
    I didn't describe any problems at all with doing without dairy, I'm doing absolutely fine without it. But sometimes I just crave a good cultural french cheese or the sour taste of it on a paleo pizza
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Nose stopping up at night, very congested, during the day at times for no reason.

What is the link between this symptom and dairy ?

Yes, I love cheese too, especially with olives, that's why I want to add it back.
    (I've been following IT START WITH FOOD plan and they have you remove dairy from diet.)

I don't understand how this conversation turns out, I'm sorry.

EDIT: Oh thank you for the link, good infos

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    I have issues with cow and goat cheese, but do fine with sheep's milk cheeses. Non-cow cheeses are worth checking out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast