Here I am, having visions of beautiful devilled eggs to eat today. But for the life of me, I can't seem to peel a damn boilded egg without it looking like the squirrels bit out of them - all over. - again. I am using chicken eggs, large size, from the health food store - free range. They should be decently fresh as we use a LOT of eggs around here and buy them weekly.

I have tried starting in cold water, starting in boiling water, slipping them into iced water immediately, slipping them into running cold tap water, and today I tried cracking them against the pot and letting them sit in the cold water (after cooking) to cool with the crack. I really had high hopes for that one... that the crack would somehow let the water get between the egg and shell and make this easy - but NO.

If anybody has a really tried and true way of cooking and/or peeling hard-boiled eggs so that I get smooth, non-pock-marked, non-ripped eggs, I might just send you a gift. I really am that *^&^$%^^%* TIRED of having the egg stick to the shell!! If this keeps up, I might just buy those stupid plastic Eggies and give them a try! And don't tell me to make egg salad - you'll find it shoved up...