Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How to take care of your teeth? page 4

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    I have been using the mishwak stick for about a week now and I like it. One thing interesting is that when I use a toothbrush, my gums bleed. There does not seem to be a problem with that with the mishwak. Maybe I need to start a US business importing them and selling them to the primal folks. Seems to be a good alternate to a toothbrush.
    I used to have the same problem (bleeding gums,) but not since using a miswak; which is strange, being that miswaks appear to be harder than toothbrushes.

The idea of importing them to the States and advertising them to non-Muslim audiences is a winner, particularly to the health conscious and the 'paranoid.' I've always thought it would be a good proposition given the will and the backing. This is the cutting edge of miswak technology Miswak Holder * 1/2 OFF SALE - Dar-us-Salam.com . I also believe that there would be a reasonable mark-up, considering the target demographic.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Figlio di Moros View Post
    Not a bad idea. I tried it once, about seven years ago, long before I ever heard of Paleo. Happened to see them at a mall kiosk, and they worked alright. Haven't found them since, but it'd be nice to.
    They can be found in any store that that serves the Muslim community (strangely, your more likely to find them in a book/clothes store than a food store.) In NY that shouldn't be a problem.
    All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    The idea of importing them to the States and advertising them to non-Muslim audiences is a winner, particularly to the health conscious and the 'paranoid.' I've always thought it would be a good proposition given the will and the backing.
    I'm going to explore this a bit more. Throwing a hundred or so of them in my bag when I came home would not be a problem. But I can see the postage costing almost as much as the stick did.
    Last edited by texas.grok; 07-13-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Had never heard of Miswak, but totally fascinated now. Considering the strong immigrant and muslim populations, surely I can find these suckers in Chicago somewhere. My Muslim roommate has a regular toothbrush as far as I know, but will check and maybe he can find me a lead.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceCorpsCaveMan View Post
    When it comes to oil pulling, whenever I hear the word "toxin" used to describe non-specific pseudo-scientific bodily poltergeists, I generally stop listening.

Uno, Dos, Tres: 3 Health Products Debunked | Mark's Daily Apple
    I like sensible people. Oil pulling to me just seems like a waste of some good coconut oil.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    They can be found in any store that that serves the Muslim community (strangely, your more likely to find them in a book/clothes store than a food store.) In NY that shouldn't be a problem.
    I'd feel dirty entering a place like that, no offense.

I'd feel dirty entering a place like that, no offense.
    You'd feel dirty entering a book store?
    All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    Being surrounded by Muslims. Maybe "dirty" is a poor choice of words, but awkward, none-the-less.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DashFire View Post
    Had never heard of Miswak, but totally fascinated now. Considering the strong immigrant and muslim populations, surely I can find these suckers in Chicago somewhere. My Muslim roommate has a regular toothbrush as far as I know, but will check and maybe he can find me a lead.
    No luck. The roomie doesn't use them, even in prayer preperation, because can't find them and apparently not an integral thing if it's a hardship to find. But he said he'd ask around.

They can be found in any store that that serves the Muslim community (strangely, your more likely to find them in a book/clothes store than a food store.)
    Thanks for this. Investigating this angle and might have a lead on a place. Will report back.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Being surrounded by Muslims. Maybe "dirty" is a poor choice of words, but awkward, none-the-less.
    Considering that you are stepping out of your own culture and into another, awkward might be expected. My first job overseas was in Bahrain and when I got off the plane, I defiantly realized that "we aren't in Kansas anymore Toto" but quickly began to enjoy the culture of an Islamic country. Since then I have also worked in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and now Egypt.

Don't believe the US propaganda machine. Learn more about a culture and a religion before forming your opinions.

I have found people in the Middle-East and Muslims in particular, to be nothing more than warm and accepting people.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast