Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fibrous carbohydrates = bad?! page 9

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I can only imagine that most people on this forum also think the moon landing was fake and that aliens built the pyramids.
    And that the earth is flat! Oh, wait... wasn't that "conventional wisdom" at one point?

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I came to Primal via low carbing. I'm still a newbie when it comes to Primal, but I've done a lot of reading on low carb and emailed with some of the key people and my attitude now is to take CW with a tonne of salt and try to be open-minded. So I'm not going McEnroesque about the value of veggies.

Historically Inuits ate a lot of meat and very little fruit and veg and Dr Jay Wortmann proved that when they went back to their ancestral diet the problems they had from SAD started to go. However, the non-native trappers elsewhere, who tried to exist on a diet of rabbit, got malnourished pretty quickly.

I take the POV that everything we eat should be value for nutrition, for us as individuals. Most fruit pushes up my BG too much so I eat strawberries, melon and cherries which don't. I can get antioxidants and vitamin C from other veg though.

Low carbing has never given me constipation but processed food did.
    Last edited by Artichoke; 07-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I have never had any problems digesting greens and other than on this forum I have not heard of people having trouble digesting them.
    Maybe that's because you clearly don't interact with real humans.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Of course there isn't. This is like bizzaro world. Wait, conventional wisdom says something is good for you...it MUST NOT BE!!!!!! That is the stupid reasoning that is on this forum. And people will cling onto these quacks and 1% of research that supports their view and ignore the other 99%. I can only imagine that most people on this forum also think the moon landing was fake and that aliens built the pyramids.
    Straw man. A fallacy is not an argument. It is a logical flaw.

Or, you know, maybe canola oil IS good for you and your interpretation and extreme bias is flawed.
    Ad hominem. See above.

It doesn't take a very smart person to figure out that oil from a poisonous rapeseed plant that had to be genetically modified, bleached, deodorized and filtered just to become somewhat edible by humans isn't healthy. Did you know rapeseed oil was originally a parts lubricant? When you heat it to high temperatures, it develops compounds similar to varnish. Did you know that?

I have never had any problems digesting greens and other than on this forum I have not heard of people having trouble digesting them.
    How do you know if you've never tried going without them? Most people don't know they have food sensitivities until they've gone a long time without them and added them back in. That's the only way I found out that milk gives me acne and allergies, and that PUFA oil and wheat gives me eczema (thanks Drexel University cafeteria!). Now my skin is perfectly clear and for the first time in my life I get golden-brown in the sun instead of red.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Maybe that's because you clearly don't interact with real humans.
    Ad hominem. Trolls are best defeated with facts. It starves them rather than feeds them.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 07-10-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member

Funny it is only on this forum would someone who has never properly tried primal, asks for studies but never properly reads them, poo-poos some studies because of certain criteria then post similar petri-dish studies, is morbidly obese and with eating disorders (did I miss anything?) come onto a site to convince people that even though their health is improving and they are feeling better that their way of living is wrong.

PS Still waiting for that study that shows grains are good for you.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 07-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

ss14 is offline Member
    Good for you, but you're still a fat fuck.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    Good for you, but you're still a fat fuck.
    I enjoy it when someone posts exactly what we are all thinking.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789