Thread: LC Alcohol Intolerance? page

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!

LC Alcohol Intolerance?

Shop Now
    Had a very LC day yesterday, not neccesarily on purpose. But drank one glass of wine last night out at a concert and felt like I had had the equivalent of 3 or more glasses. Dont know what to blame it on...less carbs last night, the crazy heat, my PMS week? Anyone with similar experiences?

Oh also did up my probiotics yesterday too---maybe that played into this?

amdws1234 is offline Member
    I don't drink as much as I used to so my tolerance is way down. One drink definitely feels like 2 or 3. PMS drinking definitely hits me harder too.

I've also gotten to the point where I can't drink beer any longer - 1/2 a beer in and I look like I am 4 months pregnant, bloating is insane.

rhiarti is offline Member
    I mentioned this on another thread the other day. True story, I once had a small glass of (heavily rum-laced) mulled wine that took me through every stage of drunk - from giggly to flirty to "oh man I'm gonna puke" to falling asleep - quite literally in the space of five minutes! So. Er. Yes... I'd say if nothing else, low carbing certainly affects my alcohol tolerance!

weird---cause that's TOTALLY how I felt. I literally passed out at home and felt like someone slipped me something WAY heavier than red wine.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    google gluconeogenesis.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I get that reaction too. Mostly from beer, but wine too if I've been very LC.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I can no longer drink after being primal for a year and a half. I would like to drink wine, but now it just doesn't agree with me at all. I get a headache and get moody even with one glass.

adkatsim is offline Junior Member
    Yes! I'm in college and it's actually embarrassing how little tolerance I have now. I had one glass of red wine before meeting some friends last night, and I was pretty loopy!