Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: coconut oil for candida? page

destructalux is offline Senior Member

coconut oil for candida?

Shop Now
    trying to find a suitable coconut oil to assist with candida treatment... any recommendations for an oil that can be taken internally

thanks

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    My favorite as far as taste goes is Nutiva. There are plenty out there though...I don't know of a coconut oil that can't be taken internally.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Out of interest, what else are you taking? Or doing? I have chronic Candida, much better after a few months primal but not eradicated.

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Just started on some Kyolic Garlic as well as a pro biotic. Drinking only water and black coffee (apparently the coffee fights against it)... eliminated fruit, dairy, and plenty of vitamin D from the sun. as well as good foods taken from this list Candida Diet: Foods to Eat

Also looking at oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract.

There's a whole heap of information about it on here. what people are doing or has worked for them, I want to see how I go fighting it

mitogal is offline Junior Member
    I use Nutiva. Order it from Amazon regularly.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by destructalux View Post
    Just started on some Kyolic Garlic as well as a pro biotic. Drinking only water and black coffee (apparently the coffee fights against it)... eliminated fruit, dairy, and plenty of vitamin D from the sun. as well as good foods taken from this list Candida Diet: Foods to Eat

Also looking at oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract.

There's a whole heap of information about it on here. what people are doing or has worked for them, I want to see how I go fighting it
    I've done the candida diet before but had to stop as I was pregnant and very sick. I was told not to drink coffee?! There's a lot of information and a lot of it seems to be contradictory which doesn't help.

I take a large dose of pro-biotic, goldenseal, vitamin c, zinc and magnesium and vitex. I need to eliminate fruit and dairy too but have other issues to attend to first.

What about mushrooms - some people say yes, others no. I have noticed syptoms the next day so I think I need to ditch them too. Since I cut out sugar and grains I'm a lot better, but I would like to eliminate it. I'd be interested to see how you go, do a re-post for progress please!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I was just diagnosed with it - ironically because I noticed some "symptoms" disappearing after a few months on Primal!

In relation to the conflicting info: we need to think about it logcailly. We're fighting an internal fungus that feeds off sugar. Coconut oil helps cos' it's anti-fungal. Abstaining from mushrooms (which are fungus) would make sense.

I really wouldn't drink coffee if I was you... it actually spikes your blood sugar so gives the Candida more to feed off. I adore coffee, so this is a real struggle for me, but it does help.

One thing you may need to look at as well is your fiber intake. Most Candida Diet resources will recommend getting lots of fiber, but while researching other stomach / bowel diets I came across some conflicting info: very fibrous veggies stay in your gut for a looong time, and therefore become a breeding ground for bacteria. I'm not saying cut veggies, but try not to eat the ones with a very high fiber content.

Fermented veggies are apparently a huge help with any kind of bowel disorder, but you have to really read the labels to make sure they haven't pasturised them (thereby killing all the good bacteria) before bottling. I'm going to start a thread on the Nutrient forum asking people if they know what we should look out for on the labels. Ideally make your own - it's super easy, but takes a couple of weeks.

I think natural probiotics are the way forward - particularly yogurt (it's allowed). Just make sure it has Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS-1 (more potent = even better), or Bifidobacteria Bifidum. I've been buying goat's yogurt, as dairy from that animal is generally a lot "cleaner".

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Out of interest, what else are you taking? Or doing? I have chronic Candida, much better after a few months primal but not eradicated.
    Dexy, did you know that Candida causes sugar cravings, and can trigger binging..? What a revelation.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I replied to your other thread about coconut oil. Not very effective.

Not sure where you read that coffee fights candida. Most coffee is mouldy.

I don't recommend anything fermented, otherwise you'll be feeding your candida most likely.

Do a search here. Theres quite a few of us dealing with candida. As I said in your 'white tongue options' thread, you cannot do this alone. It's extremely frustrating, and you need someone who knows what they're doing to help.
    Last edited by patski; 07-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I don't recommend anything fermented, otherwise you'll be feeding your candida most likely.
    Really? What has your experience been? I haven't tried them yet, but read this:

Fermented Foods

Sauerkraut and kimchi are the most commonly used fermented foods. Both are types of fermented cabbage. The cabbage actually comes ‘pre-loaded’ with the bacteria need to ferment itself.

When you buy either sauerkraut or kimchi in the supermarket, make sure that you buy the ‘raw’ or ‘unpasteurized’ form. Modern packaging methods mean that much of the sauerkraut you see on the shelves has actually been stripped of all its probiotic goodness. The food is pasteurized before being canned or jarred, destroying all the billions of beneficial bacteria that it contains. If you can’t find a raw sauerkraut at your store, try local markets or health food stores instead, and look for locally produced fermented foods.

In addition, both sauerkraut and kimchi are high in Vitamins C and B12, which can help build up your immune system and fight off your Candida overgrowth. Sauerkraut was even used on long sea voyages where Vitamin C deficiency was traditionally a problem - it keeps longer than other vegetables and provided a healthy source of nutrients even after many months at sea.

patski is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm well aware of what fermented foods do for the gut.

My candida symptoms get progressively worse eating fermented foods. I don't think I need to go into detail here.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast