Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: coconut oil for candida? page 3

Quote Originally Posted by destructalux View Post
    i run off solar
    damn, black, aiiiiiiiiiiight

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Try camomile tea, or a home brewed tea of ginger, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil / coconut oil in hot water.
    I made a tea using some oregano leaves and clove this morning. it was pretty enjoyable

heres the post about the coffee down the bottom http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35741-2.html

my roommate beat Candiia in 12 days by
    zero sugar in any form
    Mignesium Citrate Liquid on the weekends
    Magnesium Citrate Pills 3000mg daily
    Mega Dose of Probiotics 12 daily
    ( she used Standard Process ProSynbiotic Probiotic Blend Bifidobacterium, BB-12, L. acidophilus, LA-5, L. paracasei, L. casei 431, and S. boulardii (4 billion cfu).)
    only water and coffee

replyed with

*Only* water and coffee? Meaning no food for 12 days? That doesn't sound healthy. Or fun. Also, I thought coffee was supposed to be bad for candida because it makes your body more acidic, which helps candida thrive.

edit: I just found an abstract that says the opposite actually, that caffeine can stop candida from reproducing. Maybe people only think coffee is bad for candida because of the sweeteners and milk sugars that usually come with it?

patski is offline Senior Member
    You cannot change your blood PH by diet. This alkaline/acid ph thing is nonsense. I need to find the post from Chris Kresser on his site regarding this.

Again, most coffee is mouldy.

Why Bad Coffee Makes You Weak The Bulletproof Executive

There's a lot of misinformation on the web about candida. And there's a lot of people who apparently cured their candida in x amount of time because of x. I've tried it all, believe me. You can't do this alone. And it certainly doesn't happen in a matter of days. There is no quick fix. There are numerous reasons as to why candida proliferates in one's body: SAD diet, antibiotic abuse, but also adrenal fatigue/hormone imbalance, and food allergies.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Yes Patski sorry I didnt reply to your other post in my other thread. I live somewhat remote and have to find a naturopath still that is within reasonable driving distance.
    thanks

Hi everyone - I'm the Bulletproof Coffee guy linked to above, and using coffee as an herb for health is a major passion. Caffeine (and coffee) are antifungal; the presence of caffeine and the other alkaloids in coffee is to ward off mold and predators. Coffee is correlated with decreases in lots of diseases, including some forms of cancer, which I believe are mycotoxin related.

I struggled with candida for years because of adrenal fatigue and SAD and 15 years of monthly antibiotics for neverending sinus infections.

The candida is gone. I had to eliminate mycotoxins and many other toxins from my diet (see the Bulletproof Diet infographic) because mycotoxins are themselves fungal antibiotics that irritate other types of fungus, including candida. If you're drinking moldy coffee (you probably are; between 50 and 91.7% of beans have mycotoxins depending on which research you read), you are irritating the candida which makes it into the filament producing type.

In my bulletproof coffee recipe, I use my brand of MCT oil, which is a 6:1 extract from coconut oil with the most antifungal fractions of the saturated fat.

I'm certain my candida is gone - I can now tolerate significant amounts of carbs (like mochi (rice) with honey, up to 200g, with no flare up at all!). There was a time when even one small piece of fruit produced a 3 day flare up for me.

Piskie is offline Junior Member
    Would de-caff coffee be acceptable whilst trying to kick candida up the jacksy?

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi David,

Not trying to be argumentative. But coffee creates an insulin response. I've been advised to keep my blood sugar low to avoid insulin while my doc and I investigate my candida via food allergy testing. She also posits that I have adrenal fatigue which may be behind all of it.

Having said that, coffee creates an insulin response. How does one avoid that?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123