Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh noooo! page

kiltgirl is offline Junior Member

Oh noooo!

I've been so fired up the past 11 days, being angelic and enjoying being in control...tonight as my 5 year old has gone to her dad's for the weekend i bought a bottle of red wine (BLOODY LOVELY i must say)....and seeing as how i haven't really eaten properly today...(not been hungry, snacking instead of a hearty meal) i suddenly got an overwhelming urge for hot, highly garlic buttered sandwich bread...the stuff that's now in my freezer as my 5 yr old loves it...

well, i ate it, 2 rounds of it...delicious...and now am scared, of course the first flush of successful weight loss and you feel like you're on top of everything but that was a bit scary...

i use Fitday...my carbs are still just 99 for the day but i really don't want to be doing this again!

lesson learned, listen to body's hunger and don't ignore just cos you have gotten a little bit cocky...takes longer than 11 days to undo a lifetime's bad habits!

i guess it will be educational to see what happens to my (previously) shrinking belly after this...after all we learn from experience...bloody hell it was delicious tho

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    This isn't a religion, love.

Just climb straight back on the wagon tomorrow.

And, to be honest, if you're going to have something less than ideal, at least you had the good taste to chomp some always nomular garlic bread.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

thank you

i don't really drink much these days but a good bottle of red has definitely given me the munchies!

just a bit scared as all of my previous attempts at not being so large have ended up in major binge-fests...

i know what i have to do...think for once i just don't want to keep it to myself...will be interesting to see how i feel tomorrow after the wheat....if it only ends up in a day of gut ache i must say it was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
    This isn't a religion, love.

Just climb straight back on the wagon tomorrow.

And, to be honest, if you're going to have something less than ideal, at least you had the good taste to chomp some always nomular garlic bread.

Quote Originally Posted by kiltgirl View Post
    thank you

i don't really drink much these days but a good bottle of red has definitely given me the munchies!

just a bit scared as all of my previous attempts at not being so large have ended up in major binge-fests...

i know what i have to do...think for once i just don't want to keep it to myself...will be interesting to see how i feel tomorrow after the wheat....if it only ends up in a day of gut ache i must say it was worth it
    I found being conscious of the times when I would binge on stuff like that helped.

Honestly, something like that now and again isn't a problem if you eat clean most of the time.

really appreciate your feedback, have been out of control most of my life with food and so excited by PB eating...i guess i'm still me at the end of the day, not perfect by any means...

on a more positive not i had a pepsi max today, been craving one for ages and i could really taste the sweetener in it, couldn't before, so am happy with that

thanks for putting a newbie's mind at rest

Quote Originally Posted by kiltgirl View Post
    really appreciate your feedback, have been out of control most of my life with food and so excited by PB eating...i guess i'm still me at the end of the day, not perfect by any means...

on a more positive not i had a pepsi max today, been craving one for ages and i could really taste the sweetener in it, couldn't before, so am happy with that

thanks for putting a newbie's mind at rest
    My one remaining vice there. I have found that Pepsi Max definitely tastes different if you have not had any for a while.

One slip will not make much of a difference and if it did you could easily correct it.

And balls to being perfect. Perfection is boring. Perfection is stagnant. What I love about mortality is knowing that I will never be left with nothing left to explore, to experience, to work on.

i love that at my age i discover that my tastes can still change...'stagnant' probably refers more to my lifelong subconscious carb and sugar palate...how many nights i've gone to bed with an aching belly from eating everything in sight...

i'm a binge eater, i guess i'm in remission at the moment, and that happens, when it has in the past i always think i'm done with it...i hate that part of me so much, is a lot of why i feel PB is my answer, i don't feel like eating more when i've already had enough..

blah blah...

this week i realise i really love biltong, but need to find a cheaper source, there's a good butcher near me i could research...

great for a satisfying snack

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat it. Lot's of people here eat the occasional non-primal food and live to tell about it

I have a rule that helps me. I never, ever eat two non-primal meals in a row. It helps prevent that mindset of - "ahhh, screw it, i already at bread today I may as well have cake". Nope. If I had cake after dinner, I will make 100% sure that my breakfast is 100% primal.

Good luck!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Come on now. You ate some bread. It isn't a cause for concern, you probably just filled up some glycogen stores. You're allowed to eat some stuff that's off limits if you miss them, it's what keeps this lifestyle sustainable long term. For some reason I felt like a bowl of jelly, cornflakes and yogurt and honey last night. lol. It's all good, life goes on
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 07-06-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for your replies

Well this morning i have a huge red wine hangover lol...so don't feel like eating much of anything...

jammies - that's a good rule, i can see how that would stop a slide back into eating crap too regularly, think i might borrow it too

forgot - i bet that was delicious lol, and thanks for pointing out what eating my little bit of bread prob did to me...i didn't wake this morning with a huge pot belly again...in fact it looks like it's gone down even more (prob dehydration lol)

happy days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast