Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal and Acne? page 2

KatFish is offline Junior Member

Shop Now
    There was a post on this earlier, apparently ketosis/fat metabolism releases stored toxins and hormones:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...9-Ketosis-acne

teamommy is offline Member

Nuts. Do you eat a lot of nuts? My dermatologist told me that dairy and nuts seem to aggrivate acne. If dairy doesn't get you it could be the nuts. I have found my acne prone skin a lot more lovely with the increase in fat. Just give it time. You probably have a lot of toxins in there. When I went primal my skin became awful and now a few weeks later it is much nicer.

27ko Guest

Teamommy -- I eat a LOT of nuts, but have never really had this problem before (I always ate a lot of nuts)... I have always eaten clean, I have just recently cut out grains + dairy completely (and protein bars), and upped my fat intake.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

27ko there appears to be a very strong link between chronic inflammation and acne. A proper primal diet should take care of it if your only source of systemic inflammation is traceable to diet.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12