Thread: Activia's going to NATURAL Family Planning..FINALLY page

activia is offline Senior Member

Activia's going to NATURAL Family Planning..FINALLY

After 8 months of debate I am finally making the jump after many discussions with my husband. It helps that at this point we feel pretty good about our income and our marriage so we could support little ones if necessary.

I purchased the lady comp fertility monitor and it should arrive by the end of next week. After being on the pill for 11 years I'm not even sure what normal will be like for me. I'm unsure if it will effect my weight at all. I have done well at maintaining my weight but its a about 10lbs heavier then I'd prefer. I will be weighing in officially on Saturday and using this journal to track my weight and other things related... I'm not going to make any other changes or tracking of my food intake. Just continue like I've been for the last 6 months. Which is a very clean primal diet that I love!

This will be the final year of trying to avoid pregnancy before we start trying for our first... so we'll see how it goes naturally! According to the research the lady comp is 99.3% effective. Almost as effective as the pill without messing with your hormones!
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

activia is offline Senior Member
    hmm ok I weighed in at about 135 last week. I havent had an opportunity to weigh myself as I was away all weekend..however there is one drastic change that I noticed.

My sex drive is that of a hormone crazied teenager. My husband is liking this new me, but I'm starting to get a little annoyed by it! LOL Seriously..trying to work here.

So I went from having to push myself to have sex once..maybe twice a week and only really wanting it once every 2 weeks and being sex crazied after 3 weeks to being sex crazied EVERY DAY!!!! Also I actually really want round 2...3..... you get the point?

Can some of this be mental? Absolutely..but I know it isnt ALL mental!

My hormones may level off..... we shall see as the experiment continues...

However.. I am not having any mood swings. Thank the lord for that!
    Last edited by activia; 07-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tell your husband to hang on. Normal female hormones WANT you to get pregnant, so they'll be spurring you onwards. Enjoy it!