Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 72

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, see, it is times like these I am glad to be blessed with a vivid imagination and a broken moral compass.
    This is why we like you!!!!!!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I know my jewelers epoxy makes me see purple unicorns without good ventilation so not a bad glue to have around!
    WE have all kinds of things to repair stuff: gorilla glue, gorilla tape, epoxy, duct tape, soldering iron, elmer's, wood glue, rubber cement, hot glue, needle and thread, needle and yarn, needle and floss... Can you tell we are "Reduce, reuse, recycle, repair" folks?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    WE have all kinds of things to repair stuff: gorilla glue, gorilla tape, epoxy, duct tape, soldering iron, elmer's, wood glue, rubber cement, hot glue, needle and thread, needle and yarn, needle and floss... Can you tell we are "Reduce, reuse, recycle, repair" folks?
    My kind of folks!

I think my favorite repair yet was a sweater someone dubbed "holeyer than the Vatican." Needle and thread and some creative patchwork and it was good to go.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I think my favorite repair yet was a sweater someone dubbed "holeyer than the Vatican." Needle and thread and some creative patchwork and it was good to go.
    That is so fun!

I am in the middle of bring a table my great grandfather made back to life. It was super wobbly and caked with cracked paint but soon it will be pretty and sturdy again. I like to take damaged vintage jewelry and repurpose it. I made some pendants out of old clip on earrings. The rhinestones in them where too pretty to waste.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    I know my jewelers epoxy makes me see purple unicorns without good ventilation so not a bad glue to have around!
    lol.... Arts and hallucinations....

Both of our coffee tables are rescues from the dumpster that either his Dad or mine sanded down or refinished. Dad was trying to give us another one and I had to tell him "we don't need another table, or any more furniture."
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hey Crabbcakes, I just saw the weather and was wondering how things are at Crabb Manor? Are you snowed in?
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey y'all! Just a quick pop-in here to say hello and wish you all a Merry Christmas, happy belated Hanukkah, good Yule, and a hearty whatever it is that atheists do during this time of the year!

I have been out a third due to sheer massive driving, a third due to regular home busy-ness, and a third due to a bit of a depressive episode, which I think is lifting. Otherwise, the Family Crabbcakes is fine. You all stay warm and safe, and I will probably write a massive post soon, as soon as I can get caught up on the happenings here.

Forager - we didn't get snowed in. The last few days were unseasonably warm and all our snow and ice melted, only to have a cold snap today - we went from the fifties to the teens in just over 24 hours. Right cold outside, it is. Time to get the big kerosene heater out and fire it up just for cozy fun over Christmas.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Merry Christmas CC! I hope you all stay warm and cozy and have a lovely holiday!

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast