Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 66

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL - buffet pants. hahaha

There was a comedian who used to say that when women first start dating a man, they eat so daintily on the date. Then after they get home, they put on elastic waist pants and "tip back the refrigerator." Elaine Boosler maybe was her name?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I think hubby married me partly because I am unapologetic about enjoying my grub, and always have been, clear back to high school. One thing about marrying your high school boyfriend - it's just not possible to put on airs! As he is a heavy eater himself, I think he thought that boded well for his married tummy. But I will look up Elaine Boosler - don't know her. Funny ladies are harder to come by.

I have something for you: go on YouTube, search for "freshness burger liberation wrapper" by "sostav.ua" and let me know what you think...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Buffet pants, what a great term! Of course one doesn't actually have to go to a buffet to enjoy them!

CC please excuse my comment about T day dining in Joanie's journal. Truth be told if I were given the choice to take the family out for T day dinner or spend a couple of days cooking I would choose going out and I would prefer someone else drive! After how DS ate (devoured) the perfectly mediocre meal he had today I'm rethinking putting all that effort into cooking on Thanksgiving.
    It would be fun to let everyone chose what they want, eat all they can and not have to bother with cleaning up. In this little fantasy of mine I will also have wine (someone else will be driving)and not worry about gluten. I say fantasy because our town is so small I don't think there is a restaurant that serves Thanksgiving dinner.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    After how DS ate (devoured) the perfectly mediocre meal he had today I'm rethinking putting all that effort into cooking on Thanksgiving.
    Oh, lord, I know what you mean! I put a lot of worry and fussing and gasoline (driving around) and cookbook buying and home cooking and all into training everybody's palate here at the house, in the hope that my kids will recognize and choose good food when they leave my house, and then they have a rip-roaring time at the buffets, of all things. Never mind that we, their parents, actually drove them there... But in the end the effort is worth it. I hope!

Our county seat had TDay buffet dinner at Ponderosa, and a reservation-needed dinner at the newly reopened lake lodge at the opposite corner of the county. Otherwise I know of nothing else, which is why we drove an hour just to get to the Golden Corral.

A side note - this afternoon, as I was standing around waiting for my turn at one particular meat station, two servers stood behind me, conversing, and this is what they said - "Hey! Did you hear about the fight in the kitchen?!" "Yeah, I did!"
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Wow entertainment included! I just spoke to hubby, he had his dinner at a friends house. He concurred that next year we may want to go out for dinner. He doesn't want to be tempted by leftover desserts at our house, i mean you can only do so much damage in an hour and half at a restaurant.

Cooking Thanksgiving dinner was my mom's pride and joy and even considering going out for a mediocre turkey dinner probably would have gotten me disowned. My family takes this holiday very seriously. They've always considered me to be unconventional but eating out on Thanksgiving might be just the thing to truly shock them!

I love the freshness burger wrap! So discreet!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya CC, wow that felt work is amazing, and fantastic to see second - i recognised her under all that felt !!!!!!!!!
    Happy belated thanks giving!!!!!!!! I am way behind........... Scrambling now to try and read up on everyones journals, before being caught by he who must not catch me on MDA lolololololol
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Today - cooked Thanksgiving dinner. We all ate well and now we have leftovers - hooray! The dinner is just fine, but the leftovers are even better!

The kids and I are juiced - hubby bought tickets to a Mythbusters stage show next Thursday, and Adam and Jamie will both be there. This is going to be most excellent!

Power did stay on through today - nice surprise.

Other than that, my mom called to say that my dad had had a cardiac emergency and had a pacemaker placed today. All seems to be going well, except for the fact that mom now has - again - a surgical convalescent to care for, on top of being the sole breadwinner. She said she was actually going to go home and eat dinner and drink a wine and sleep tonight. Good for her - normally she would stay all waking hours at the hospital in addition to working in the kitchen of a nursing home and suck up the exhaustion. The one time I pitched in and relieved her at the hospital, I formally requested an antidepressant for dear old dad after seeing and hearing the extreme bullshit way he treated her, and the doc prescribed it, but the scrip wasn't filled because of money/insurance issues. You all will have to trust me on this one - he should have been on meds many, many years ago, so this wasn't me being assholey.

Other than that, it is quiet at Crabbcakes Manor tonight.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your dad's emergency. Hopefully your mom manages to cope with the extra workload. It sounds like she is working hard enough already.

As for mythbusters...man, that sounds awesome. Most excellent indeed!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the mum/ dad front. I hope dad bounces back quickly, and also hope that mum manages a bit of mum time.
    Hey and like woohoo on the mythbusters!!!!! I love that show, dont watch it enough, but still LOVE that show!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs to you and all at crab manor
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

It's good your mom went home to get some rest, sounds like she already has her hands full and when he gets home it will be even more work. Besides they will take good care of him at the hospital.

Mythbusters! What fun!

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast