Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 61

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh my! One must never abuse one's fag! Mine moved back to his home state, and I surely do miss him.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, the things you learn. Education is always a confusing subject, almost always more so when the politicians get involved. I've always wondered how the country would run if teachers spent as much time making laws as politicians do making education decisions - probably far better.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Since the discussion is here, I'll add this http://naomihattaway.com/2013/09/i-a...-repatriation/
    any of the 'star' adults want to chime in? This seems a much more positive spin on the phenomenon than the concept of Third culture kid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    This seems to be where I leave all the little interesting things I see Experience: I taught a homeless man to code | Life and style | The Guardian note he was homeschooled by his mom!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    CC that is one very nice dress, i hope that you can send me a wee sneaky photo !!!!!!!!!!

badger i will read all that info when time permits, but tonight it just aint happning - sorry
    g x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quick check-in, longer explanation later today, I hope...

Halloween was fun, we went to Fourth's BFF's neighborhood and our two families did the begging together. Really, really, really blustery and w-e-t that night. We all got wet, no exceptions, and broke a couple of umbrellas due to wind gusts.

Spent the afternoon and evening with Fourth in the hospital ER this past Sunday. Yup, Fourth, not Third. Fourth contracted a GI bug and had to have IV fluids and meds to set her aright. When a kid has the squirts out of both ends and then faints to top it off, you get a free ride to the hospital at my house. She is doing very much better, but still isn't on full solid foods yet.

I had a spell of the blues for week in there somewhere, but I feel much better. Overdosing on chocolate for the blues does not for a long-term strategy make... But it is a very effective method of belly and thigh plumping!

I need to reread that link badger posted here about Third Culture kids - interesting stuff. Thanks, badger.

Snow accumulation here. Blech. I like snow, but coupled with the time change so recently, I feel as if I have been catapulted into mid-winter from a warm fall with no notice.

Used book sale on this morning at the local county library - I will be there, right after I drop off Third to school. LOVE book sales!!

More fracking wells actively being drilled, more pipelines being buried, and a natural-gas power plant planned for this county. And hubby still wants to stay long-term. I feel OLD and cranky right now - we won't learn at all, will we?

Hope you all are safe and fed!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Kittens are growing.

image.jpg
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good morning, Crabbyone!

Our weather changed in the blink of an eye also. One night I was sleeping in a tshirt and panties and the next it was jammies, socks, and a sweater. Yikes.

Glad to hear fourth is doing better. And love the pic of the kittens.

Stay calm, Baby; this too shall pass. xoxo
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about Third. Fainting on top of the GI issues, must have been scary for you and Hubby.

We've been dealing with health issues chez nous too. DS has been having a respiratory flare up, but I think he may have turned a corner yesterday. I'm letting him sleep in, I firmly believe in the healing power of sleep. We'll see how he does today and what the lab results tell us in a day or so. As for me, something is going on with my thumb joint on my right hand. I went to the doctor and he has me on anti inflammatories. I started out with homeopathic topical and internal but yesterday I broke down and took ibuprofen. Doc didn't say it was arthritis but that is what I am afraid it is. I hope Joanie is right and this will pass.

Last quarter one of DS's electives (I think i mentioned that he was doing independent study at the local charter school) was cooking with me. We came up with some pretty amazing recipes, our favorite was chestnut ice cream.
    Chestnut Ice Cream with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce Recipe | Epicurious.com we omitted the orange peel and made our own chocolate sauce. We also perfected a Persian candy (took a few tries to get it right) that was like brittle only with almonds, rose water and cardamom. We did make savory foods too, but exactly what slips my mind atm.

Kitties always cheer me up!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Forager -

Sorry about the thumb! You know, I had the same thing on my left thumb recently, too - soreness when moved in certain ways and also when pressed upon. Also, my left ball-socket leg joint was killing me at the same time, right up to even feeling like the leg would give way at times. Just when I thought I had to go see a doc about this, as it lasted the better part of a month, I totally forgot about it - because it just went away - poof. I never did go, but I was worried about what the doc would say to me, too. I also did the ibuprofen thing a few times. Years ago, before First was even conceived, I woke up one morning to find a couple knuckles on one hand ridiculously swollen and painful, no warning. So I did go to statcare for that one, seeing as I also had another surprise symptom - an ugly lesion on the white of one eye consisting of burst blood vessels. The doc ultimately prescribed me a powerful anti-inflammatory drug, which I filled and took. Immediately I began to have awful stomach cramps and pains, and it took a coworker at my then-job to tell me the reason: the drug I had been prescribed was the exact same one she was on for diagnosed arthritis and her stomach lining was suffering same as mine, but in her case she took another drug to combat the stomach thing as the anti-inflammatory helped her be functional fine-motor-wise. Long-winded sympathy story, Forager, but I get this!

I hope DS is on the upswing by now!! I also believe, well, actually know, that sleep is beneficial, too. Around these parts I am definitely in the minority at Third's school, and in general, in my belief that a day of sleep taken at the front end of an illness or injury lops off days spent ill and/or in bed at the back end. Third's school nurse recently told me how there exists a whole cadre of parents who repeatedly send their kids to school obviously ill, which forces the school nurse to call them and insist that they take their kid home and/or to the doc, whereupon the nurse then gets an earful more often than not. Can you believe that?!

Grand Marnier, huh?! Here I come! I love Grand Marnier! I was introduced to the stuff waaaaaay back when on my trip to Paris - the street vendors sprinkled it on hot crepes and I was hooked! I made damn sure to get at least one batch of those crepes every day I was there, walking the streets of the city. Mmmmm!

Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast