Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 50

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 4 Report...

Still on the fast - check
    Read the blog - will do that in the a.m. S we just got back from fireworks and stuff
    Scheduled the quack - fail, but it is the 4th and they are closed
    Got some movement - fail
    Got some sun - check; early morning sun on the porch with a good book

Hope you all had a safe Independence Day! The Family Crabbcakes went to the movies - Man of Steel for the older two and me, and Monster U for the younger crew and the hubby, then fireworks in the city. I SOOOO love big, booming fireworks. Right now the kids are building with a big box of 60 glow sticks with connectors - FUN!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 07-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Mud Flinger is online now Senior Member
    My son has been doing the same with the glow sticks the past 2 nights. We also let him take them to bed and he plays until sleep over takes him. Fire works and the late nights are such fun summertime memories!

Day 5 Report...

Well, halfway there. Energy is still good. Mood is still stable. Yup, I would love to stick something in my mouth.

Read the blog - check
    Called the quack - nope.
    Got some sun - nope; raining today
    Did some movement - nope (I am not counting normal household choresy stuff)

I did read the BBY book again. Planning to start tomorrow, on baby level of everything, and hang there longer than Mark Lauren has planned, just to build a habit, and then move on.

That is it.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Day 6 Report...

Read the blog - check
    Called the quack - nope
    Got some sun - nope, as there was rain off and on all day today
    Got some movement - nope

Totally forgot myself and ate a slice of cuke as I was fixing kid plates. Spent the whole day labeling clothing and belongings in preparation for sending 2 kids to horse camp tomorrow. Then First comes to me in tears - she has a rash spaced around her torso and she thinks it is ringworm - oh shit. It is 7 pm on a Sarurday, and I need a doc. So, as hubby was at church and the mechanic waaaay out of the county today, I packed the crew up and headed to the stat-care in the city. We just got back. Long story short, First does have a rash, it will get worse before it gets better, but it is not contagious and she may head to camp tomorrow - she has her second case of pityriasis rosea. I need to do some research - there has to be a way to head this off holistically.

That was my day. Hubby is just this minute walking in, so off I go!

Day 7 Report...

Read the blog - not yet
    Got some sun - check; took the kids to horse camp and walked around in a tank top a couple of hours
    Got some movement - check; those hills at camp are steep as hell, it counts AFAIAC
    The quack? - this is Sunday, he ain't open

Moody right now. Too quiet with half my kids gone and one of the two remaining wanting nothing better than to disappear into her cave and ignore humanity. Moodiness probably has to do with Shark Week that started today. Scouring "Elana's Pantry" website for recipes, and finding good ones to try. Energy is still stable, even tho mood is for shit.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cheering you on! You're doing great. Sorry about the mood.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Day 8 Report...

Movement today? - fail (lotsa driving - therapy day)
    Sun today? - Nuh-uh, I missed it. Didn't sit out on the deck, and then had to go
    Called the quack? - forgot again. Dunno why I keep forgetting, as I really like him, and I ADORE the crunching he does on my back and neck (really does help with my awful driving posture)

Mood is back to being stable. Funny thing, yesterday - the beginning of my female thingy, and I did not need to take one single pain reliever. I didn't even think about it. Huh - normally I would do close to 24 straight hours of Advil/Tylenol. As Spock would say... "Fascinating".

I am shrinking a bit now, but that is okay, as I have enough fat stores to handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cheering you on! You're doing great. Sorry about the mood.
    Thanks, Joanie. I really did need the boost!

P.S. I just read the blog. So - read the blog today: check!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 07-08-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Day 9 and Day 10 Reports...

Sun - nope, stormy and gray
    Movement - nope, drove all day today and blew off yday completely
    Quack - nope, brain of a sieve
    Fast - yup, still on it
    Blog - yup, read it

Trying now to decide how to break the fast and/or continue for a couple more days. Dropped two jeans sizes, but that is a happy side effect, not the main goal. I am contemplating 14 days of raw (including raw meat, aka raw Primal) as I always wanted to play with that.

Going to take a bath with Epsom salt per Mark. Chlorine in the water is no worry here - well water.

Third and I had to hide out from the bad weather at ST today - tornado warnings galore and then the siren in the neighborhood goes off, and then the sky starts to obviously churn right above us. Black as sin, it was. One hour in the basement of the therapist's office - the two of us, another mom and her son, and the ST. Third thought it was fun to break up therapy by heading downstairs with an armful of iPads (mine and also the ST as she uses two separate ones with her kids) and camp out on a sheep wool mat and play computer games. The boy was a bit upset, as his house was literally half-demolished by a twister a number of years back, but he calmed as we all were not freaking out, just hangin' in a safer spot. Third was cool as a cuke, as I had already "rescued" her huge lunchbox (with tons of food still inside), her stuffed horse, her Blankie (dates from her newborn days, it does), and my huge handbag from the car when I had a good feeling that I might need to.

First and Fourth have been partaking of these daily storms, too, down at camp. No phone calls yet to come get them, so I guess they are still wanting to be there.

That is all.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 07-10-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Boy CC I'm impressed with your calm demeanor, you seem to be taking the fast with such ease and not to mention how you handled the the tornado! Sounds like both you and third were pretty cool cukes.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Thanks, Forager, but I was honestly stressing a bit about my car - my Sienna is only 6 months old, and I LOVE it! When we came back up, leaves and sticks were everywhere, but it had skipped over us. Whew!

This is my third 10-day fast, so I psychologically know I won't starve to death. But this one is very much easier than the last two as I am metabolically in a much better place overall since starting Primal. I have come to the realization that I really, truly need to get going to get fitter and stronger - that diet alone can't and won't do everything. Up until now, I was really kinda hoping the Universe would bend that little law just for me...

And I am pretty much at that point where I am simply sick of carrying some pudge and not being happy when I look in the mirror overall, even though I don't have too awful far to go to get to my happy place.

I have been making thoughts on what combo platter of movement would benefit me right now, and what wouldn't make me choke at the same time. So far, BBY and stretching make the grade.

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast