Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 49

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My watches

image.jpg
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Love both watches! You aren't the only one with "odd" taste!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Very cool watches! Glad you're back posting, I've missed ready your journal.

I don't know if you saw the link Sbhikes posted about the causes of obesity, the reason why I mention it is because one of the things discussed is the effect of AC and heating on weight, I wonder if anyone has looked at how it might affect mood.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1237566

We are having another heat wave here. Hubby went into the shed and found our room AC looks like we may need to set it up, it may get over 100 in the next few days. It may not be as bad as it sounds because the air is very dry and the temperature drops about 35 degrees at night.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Dear Journal

It is time for some radical action. Long story short, I need to hit the reset button again. Primal has been super, no problems there, but, I admit it, I have strayed from all kinds of things that make me feel really good and work/play better, and the cumulative effect is wearing me down.

Primal's fatty acid profiles have become a permanent part of the household's cooking, and we are doing well in that direction. Not so good - pizza eating, diet coke, Reese's PB cups - on my part. So I am going to get really, really specific here, and tell you my plan...

First up, today marks Day 1 of the Master Cleanse. It is a 10-day fast. On July 11 I break the fast. I have done two before, one 10 days, and one 11 days, and they suit me well. I came out of them happy and energetic. Last one was about two years ago.

Second, get myself to my chiropractor for another adjustment, stat. Last one was in October of '12, just before my Germany trip. I am still logging many miles driving, and it still screws up my back and neck.

Third, read Mark's blog entry for the day before I check anything on the forum. I never thought I would say this here, but it is raining cow patties out there with all the talk of stuff that is so far from Primal that I wonder why those people bother to come here. So, that will keep me better focused - if I read one more time about how someone decided to go super-VLC paleo for some godforsaken number of months without a real reason (like epilepsy control) thereby screwing themselves up and then come HERE to complain about how sugar and eating everything in moderation is saving their lives, I might just strangle their photonic throats. My gripe of the day.

Fourth, break my fast with foods on the Whole 30 - doing a Whole 30 hot on the heels of the fast. Then come back to regular Primal again. I did my first and only Whole 30 back in October '12, and while I bitched for the entire month, it was also good, in the end. Like enduring the carb flu when I first went Primal.

Fifth, begin the BBY.

Otherwise, I will just try to have physical fun and do fun stuff outside in the fresh air. And perhaps do some more blue light hygiene.

I have discovered, much to my chagrin, that I seem to get serious heartburn from beans now. The last three times I ate beans, twice refried in a tortilla and once home cooked in soup - I had a heartburn session. Plain tortillas do not do that, neither does wheat crust pizza. My heartburn is the kind that radiates around the entire torso and down the arms, and makes you want to rip everything out behind the sternum, and takes famotidine (Pepsid) AND Prilosec to kill. Harrumph.

I will update here daily, just to keep myself accountable. Oh - BTW, just in case you are wondering, the fast is not for weight loss - I am doing it as a jump-start thing, to get bad influences out of my current life.

That is it for now, journal. Time to get Third ready for another day at therapy, and feed her without feeding myself. Til tonight!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Forager - I read all of it. Good read! Thank you for linking!!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I never thought I would say this here, but it is raining cow patties out there with all the talk of stuff that is so far from Primal that I wonder why those people bother to come here. So, that will keep me better focused - if I read one more time about how someone decided to go super-VLC paleo for some godforsaken number of months without a real reason (like epilepsy control) thereby screwing themselves up and then come HERE to complain about how sugar and eating everything in moderation is saving their lives, I might just strangle their photonic throats.
    LMAO! in agreement.

Good luck on your reset! This month will be one year since I've had pizza. I don't know how I did it because that was what I thought I would fail. I'll post in my journal later in the month about the confluence of events that led to my ditching the pizza. Garbanzo beans otoh are tougher because my corner store carries some of the best store-bought hummus I've ever had.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I still enjoy good hummus, fortunately there isn't any for sale near us, so if I don't make it we don't eat it.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Day 2 Report...

Read the Blog - check
    Stayed on the fast - check
    Did some enjoyable movement - check; a not-quite-2 mile walk along my country road from which I just returned.

This time around seems to be easier, thanks to the training with Primal. I am not hungry, just missing the mouthfeel and tastes of dinner. Tonight at Crabbcakes Manor you would have been served smoked sausage, broiled onions, coleslaw, shredded cabbage sautéed in pork fat and drippings, plain cuke slices (a Fourth favorite), and corn grilled in the husk and dripping in butter (hubby food).

I was cranky earlier, but the walk took care of that. I did a lot of food shopping today, only to come home and cook dinner and then watch everybody else eat. Like I said, I wasn't suffering, just wanting something between my teeth.

I think I will do something I haven't done since I was a kid - put pictures up. Just something small in size, for personal inspiration, somewhere unobtrusive, of healthy and fit folks. I think Mark Lauren and Erwin LeCorre will be the first two. If you all have any other suggestions, I am all ears!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 07-02-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Day 3 Report...

Read the blog - check
    Stayed on the fast - check
    Got some sun - check; sat on the porch and read, half nekkid, as the morning sun appeared. Guys get to go shirtless, so why can't I??
    Got some movement - fail; today is Third's major therapy weekday, so I was on the road until 9:45 pm - the sun bath was all I managed before moving the troops out
    Scheduled the quack - still a fail; forgot again

Energy is still good and very steady. Mood is stable.

Third's ST told me today that the daughter of the mom who introduced me to this wonderful speech therapist (who managed to give my Third the gift of speech) died last night. I knew she had developed a second cancerous brain tumor and her time was very short - this one inoperable in the brain stem (the first had been removed by St Jude's when she was a very young child, then shunt placed), but she then developed pneumonia, and quickly succumbed. Third hasn't seen the young lady in question for a long time, and doesn't remember her, but I will be sending my condolences to the mom - we meet in town at the library and health food store, etc. Sigh.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So sorry to hear this! Sending thoughts of love and comfort out to the universe for this Mom of a very special little girl!

Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast