Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 46

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I can't wait to hear about your visit with the primal traveler!

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I can't wait to hear about your visit with the primal traveler!
    I can't wait until she/they get here! My First currently thinks I am some goddess - I join the MDA, and **poof**, visitors from the other side of the world appear! Honestly, I myself feel honored that they would take the time to stop by. Methinks that a dinner of local beef (on the grill) might just be in order. And local strawberries are now in season... hmmmm...

Man, Forager, it is too bad we live on opposite sides of the continent - you all would SO be invited over to dinner here at Crabbcakes Estates!! But sometime I will look you up - hubby's next trip is Nebraska, and that is still just a skosh too far. Hopefully sometime sooner rather than later, he will get marching orders back to Sacramento. How many driving hours is that between you and Sac??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Crabbcakes if you make it as far as Sacramento I would gladly drive the 3 hrs to see you!

I wish I could teleport and hang out with you and Gwamma.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Crabbcakes if you make it as far as Sacramento I would gladly drive the 3 hrs to see you!

I wish I could teleport and hang out with you and Gwamma.
    Thanks!! Me, too. Hubby just walked in here to tell me that he has to make a fast run to Boise ID tomorrow, returning on a redeye Friday... Damn!! Closer, but still no cigar.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

That's getting closer, it could happen!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Just checking in to say I've read through page 24 of your journal, so I'm officially half way through. Great reading; you are awesome, and I don't know how you have the energy to do all that you do. Some notes:

-You are very brave to admit liking Barry Manilow. LOL
    -You and I have two things in common (other than being female) - OH and NJ. I lived in Toledo for a year and some, and lived in Hoboken for 18 months. Liked Toledo a lot. Loved Hoboken.
    -I got all teary over your cat.
    -The whole homeschooling discussion was very interesting to me and I learned a lot. It should also be noted that public schools, due to the totally stupid amount of administrative work now laid on public school teachers, have gone from pretty damned good to almost epic fail in the last 40 years. Or as Buffy the Vampire Slayer once asked, "What about home schooling? You know, it's not just for scary religious people anymore."

Four events that define a generation:

JFK assassinated.
    RFK assassinated.
    Nixon resigns.
    9/11.

There are others of course: disco, OJ, etc., but those are sort of the biggies.

I read about five pages of your journal and thought, "Heck, this is fun." So I got some doobage (I found it - I don't know whose it was!) and an ice cold shot of vodka from the freezer (maybe more than one), and have been having a blast reading to the half way point.

Off to read more. See you on the flip side.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Joanie - huge thanks for the kind words! I will write more hopefully pithy stuff later - lots to say, as always, but I have to get this off of my chest...

I am on pins and needles waiting for Gwamma to get here!! So I got busy in the kitchen to get rid of the nervous energy. The Familie Gwamma is getting the following for lunch (or dinner, depending when they find us):

Mixed greens with herb-marinated shrimp and crispy bacon (cooking the last of three pounds right now), chevre if anyone wants any, with house vinaigrette
    Grilled pork steaks
    Boiled potatoes with herb butter (herbs from my own garden!) and/or garlic-infused evoo
    Fresh strawberries with homemade no-grain almond bread and either whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
    Whatever liquor they want out of my bar or Hubby's home-brewed stash (if desired). I am having a Mike's Harder Lemonade

Hubby is on his way home from the airport, and should be here momentarily - he had to fly out to Boise on a few hour's notice and had a redeye back to this corner of the US this morning. But he did the FaceTime thing and I got to see the Boise airport! Looks dry out there - not really green like here.

This is the view from my kitchen window as of five minutes ago...

image.jpg

Gotta go!

Okay - Gwamma has come and gone, and I have to tell you all - she and her family are pure awesomeness! Our visit flew by faster than anything in memory. Steven Hawking had better get his ass in gear and develop the transporter already, because we all, down to a man, are truly sad that they live literally on the other side of the planet from us. Hubby says he has enough frequent flyer miles to send me to NZ for a trip, and you know, in this minute, I would actually take him up on it. Sigh.

And that Kiwi accent is the BOMB!

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall, not only to see the Gwamma clan but to also sample that delicious meal!

I am so jealous of all that green out your window! It was 98 today and tomorrow is supposed to be hotter! It's predicted to cool down on Sunday, I sure hope it does. Btw almost no one has air conditioning here (we don't). I think we will have to spend the day at the creek tomorrow.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like great fun, Crabcakes! And make that two flies on the wall, please.

Urban Forager, are you right in SF? I think that's the only city I've ever lived where I didn't have a little emergency a/c to stick in the window. Such moderate and wonderful weather there.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast