Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 43

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yehaa for the musical weekend CC - I am hoping that DH and I will get a wee concert. I love wee concerts !!!!!!!!
    Poor wee third. I hope that you really have nailed it and you can give her relief somehow. Itching ain't nice at the best of times !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    yehaa for the musical weekend CC - I am hoping that DH and I will get a wee concert. I love wee concerts !!!!!!!!
    And so you shall have one!

(Hope you like classical music - that is their training, just as a heads-up)
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quickie post - things are looking up at Crabbcakes Manor. Third's skin crud is past the halfway point and even though I am in the middle of a bunch of crown work, my dentist is giving me huge honkin' Valium tablets to take the edge off...

Looking forward to seeing Gwamma in a few weeks (assuming all goes well on her Great American Adventure), and spring has finally sprung here.

I just realized that I started Primal on May 1 of 2012, so perhaps it would be good to rededicate myself to The WOE for 2013-2014. For all those of you on the MDA who have stopped by in the past year, thanks so very much for your help, wit, sympathy, and just plain old good-hearted-ness!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Dear Journal -

Today I didn't have to travel, so I spent quality time in the flower bed. Sunshine, some ice water, a few garden tools, and a flower bed is clean and planted with four o'clock seed. I even did half of it topless and all of it barefooted, so I betcha I got my vit D in today - and I actually enjoyed the sun! I hauled a few 40lb sacks of compost/manure, too. Sitting on my porch right now, watching the sun set as I tap this out on my handy-dandy iPad. Played two rounds of Triple Yahtzee with Second, and lost both times - the dice just weren't my friends today. Freddie the Cat just crawled onto my lap to keep me warm as the evening cools off. All in all, a good day. Reminds me of how important sunshine is to my mood, and how detrimental blue light really is when out of balance with the yellow.

Dinner will be slow-roasted pork butt and probably pickled radishes as a side - I really like those.

So, to tally the pros: lift heavy things, get some sun, play, drink water, go barefoot. Cons: I ate a Cadbury cream egg as a snack during that Yahtzee game.

Tomorrow is another travel day - back to the Clinic with Third. But it is recheck stuff, so it will be an easy day. And just for fun - Third has, after seven years of riding ponies, just graduated up to her very first horse, and here he is:
    image.jpg

See you all soon!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 05-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    Topless gardening? Oh. My. Goodness.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    What a gorgeous horse CC. Well done third.
    I absolutely love classical music, I am trying to teach myself Canon in D on the piano right now. Very hard because I do not read music, so I have to count up and down the bars and then the notes on the piano. If it doesn't sound right I presume its a flat or sharp....... fun days !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    What a gorgeous horse CC. Well done third.
    I absolutely love classical music, I am trying to teach myself Canon in D on the piano right now. Very hard because I do not read music, so I have to count up and down the bars and then the notes on the piano. If it doesn't sound right I presume its a flat or sharp....... fun days !!!!!!!
    You know, reading music is a lot like learning to ride a bike - there is a learning curve, you practice a bit, but once you have it, you won't ever really forget. If you don't have an easily dented ego, my suggestion is to go to a music store and order the first six books in a trusted piano-for-beginning-children series - something that appeals to you. Right off the bat, reading music is taught.
    I know I can say it is easy, having taken band class since 6th grade, but it really IS easier than you might think. The hard part is actually the physical part of playing your instrument of choice and getting musical, not looking at a piece of sheet music and recognizing the notes.

All the craziness surrounding the lines and dots - just a lot of stuff the composer puts in to get you to play something louder or softer or more accented or connected or sad or happy or faster or slower or whatever!

I got some WOMing done yesterday - wanna' hear how? Here goes:

Hubby and the next door neighbor decided that it was a fine day to break out the big tractor and put an attachment on the back that digs up and levels dirt-and-gravel driveways. Both of our driveways are around 650 feet-plus or so of that kind, and winter tends to put potholes and ruts and pushed-up walls of material on them as stuff shifts when you drive and plow snow. So it was time.

Somewhere during the end of this process, down the dirt road comes our neighbor one property further down the road, Mr. R., speeding along at 2 mph on his scooter (as he is an above-knee leg amputee) just out for a joy ride, I guess. All of us shortly find ourselves on my lawn, drinking some beer hubby found in PA that is hard to find here, and shooting the breeze. (No beer for me - I have always hated the stuff). At dusk, we all break it off to head home, the neighbor on his tractor, and Mr. R on his scooter - and I told Mr. R that I would walk him all the way home next to that hot rod scooter of his, just because. Since the evening was indeed lovely, Hubby came along.

And it was a good thing, too... Because if a road is pitched downwards on the way to my house, it will be pitched upwards on the way back, you know - and Mr. R's scooter battery died only halfway home, smack-dab in the middle of the road.

What is a country neighbor to do?? Push!! Mr. R put his scooter in neutral, and hubby and I pushed him up the rest of the road, down his driveway, up his house ramp, and just inside his front door. With a few bottles of hubby's home-brewed in Mr. R's scooter basket for good measure. WOMing, redneck style!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 05-06-2013 at 04:28 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Crabbcakes! Your post with the horse reminded me of something I forgot to tell you. My middle sister has been working in a facility that puts convicts to work with therapy horses. (I don't know if they interact with the clients or not.) She has since been paroled to a larger facility doing similar work and seems to hope she can make it a career. One of those small world moments.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 43 of 74 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast