Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 40

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    BBC News - The Great British class calculator: What class are you?

I thought this might amuse you. Apparently I am 'established middle class'. Hmmm...
    Established middle class as well. It was fun, thanks - I have never taken a class calculator that wasn't designed by and for Americans. If you want a fun look at one man's version of class in the US, look up Paul Fussell's book "Class - A Guide Through the American Status System".
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Love the eggs and your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you all had a lovely Easter.
    Dinner was good, thanks! The six of us ate our way through 2 pounds of asparagus and 2 pounds of salmon just in the salad... Kids went to bed happy, as did hubby and I.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm classed as an elite? Really? Wow. Technical middle class as a kid, apparently. Huh.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Established middle class as well.
    Ah, you see! That's why we're friends.

If you want a fun look at one man's version of class in the US, look up Paul Fussell's book "Class - A Guide Through the American Status System".
    One day I shall join the library...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Ah, you see! That's why we're friends.
    !!

But I hail from solidly Precariat stock... Are you sure you still wanna' be pals, hmmm?
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 04-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.

!!

But I hail from solidly Precariat stock... Are you sure you still wanna' be pals, hmmm?
    My olds are traditional working class, apparently (my mother would have issue with that).

Cream rises.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 04-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Cream rises.
    Well, hell - thank you!

Probably only funny if you have seen The Wire, but I'll send it your way anyway: BBC's seven social classes: The Wire version | Television & radio | guardian.co.uk

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    What ever group is the one listed as No class.... I'm in!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    damn you, Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Book-Silen...=IQDH9VEGHLN3L
    After a noisy upbringing as one of six children, and adulthood as a vocal feminist and mother, Sara Maitland began to crave silence. Over the past five years, she has spent periods of silence in the Sinai desert, the Australian bush, and the Isle of Skye. She interweaves these experiences with the history of silence through fairy-tale and myth, Western and Eastern religious traditions, the Enlightenment and psychoanalysis, up to the ambivalence towards silence in contemporary society. Maitland has built a hermitage on an isolated Scottish moor, and the book culminates powerfully with her experiences of silence in this new home.

Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast