Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 38

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi CC are you feeling better today ???????
    I am hoping so
    G x
    Today I am feeling much better, thank you! I am off the pain meds, but still a couple of days of Cipro to go. While I am grateful for it, I am kinda suffering from a particular antibiotic-induced GI syndrome where you can't really be too awful far from a potty... I think lots of probiotics will help.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Thank you for the birthday salutations. Hope everything settles down for you soon. It's been a wild few weeks.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Here I sit, on the couch, tapping away at my iPad, and am in a not-nice mood. I am/have been battling the Sugar Dragon for a few weeks, and the Sugar Dragon is winning. Hence my mood. Not that the bad mood is coming from failing a WOE, but the bad mood that I have discovered comes as a side effect of sugar consumption. As in the Snickers and Butterfinger bars kind of sugar.

To add to my list of woes, I went to my gyno for an annual and mammo that I have managed to avoid for three years now, but got caught when the doc checked my records when I called in for that bladder infection. So off I go to the gyno only to discover that I have some kind of vaginal hernia. During the antibiotic course, I discovered that things felt kind of puffy "down there" in a weird way - just like hemorrhoids, only in the forward spot and not rear like they should be. I thought it might be a side effect of antibiotics, since I am sensitive to lots of them. Since I was going to that annual anyway, and nothing painful/bleeding was happening, I just waited until the appointment. She checks me out, hands me a mirror and says to bear down and watch... and out of me grows this thing that reminds me of Dizzy Gillespie's cheeks. Doc says it isn't scary in the least, it just won't repair itself no matter what I might do, and that a wee hernia day surgery will soon be in order.

And today the gyno called back to say that they want me back in for another scan because the mammo showed "changes". Which I am not taking hard, though, as the nurse on the phone said it was a very small area on one view only that they wanted to rule out. But I still have to go to another frickin' doctor visit.

If you have read this far, you are brave, indeed... and this tale of woe is not over yet. In two weeks I go into the dentist for three crowns. And in May - two more are on the docket. I don't think I have mentioned this in my journal, but I have managed to stay "healthy" in that I am on zero meds, but I have always, always needed constant dental care, even as a young girl growing up. I used to exist on the most awful doses of sugar, white bread carbs, canned veggies and cheap protein growing up, and I think that poor growing up diet set the stage for the dental problems I now have, compounded with a natural tendency towards weak enamel. Third is the same way with the weak enamel, but we are managing to avoid almost everything rot-and-cavity with her extremely sugar-poor and healthy SCD diet. Third's baby teeth were a mess back when she ate grains (but not sugar - I have never allowed that!), but her permanent teeth are looking really good.

Hubby has been gone for almost two weeks now, but that is okay - I live very peacefully here when he is on business trips.

Besides the candy, I am still doing everything Primal eating, like liver on salads (I like liver - always have) and no grains and all that, but my sugar consumption has been, ummm, a food group of its own.

The oil company people are laying a pipeline in my country road and my dirt road is now a rugged obstacle course of deeeeep potholes. A new fracking pad is going in right in the middle of my country view. The weather is back to below-freezing when all I want is to be done with this gawddamn brown all around me. (My section of OH is nothing but brown once the leaves fall off the trees... Brown trees, brown leaf litter on the woods floor, brown grass, brown corn rubble, brown dirt, brown muck permanently stuck to your car...). My new cat turns out to be a fur-mower (look that one up...he looks awful) - my first fur-mower ever. My Ancient One (Rudi, my oldest cat at 19-1/2 human years) now needs thyroid meds. The dishes are not done and my house teeters on the unkempt.

Harrumph.

I shall try to be positive... Went to a library book sale and had a blast as always. Third's school hosted the Columbus Zoo people today and we all got invited and had a good time. Hubby managed to take a bender during this business trip to Marin County CA to see a great-aunt from his side of the family and we all FaceTimed and had a good time. During the same trip he had TexMex dinner in Fort Worth TX with an old friend from my growing-up days and we FaceTimed as well. We ran into a serious strawberry sale at Aldi and the kids are, as I type, eating the last of 17 (seventeen) pounds of berries (screw eating seasonally this week, I guess). We have insurance to pay for all this gyno nonsense. I own technology sufficient for Fourth to take tons of digital photos of the Zoo assembly today. Started a Great Courses course today with my homeschoolers, "The Wisdom of History" and it is wonderful. I have vacuums and a dishwasher to help with the unkempt-ness of the house instead of having to do it by hand. The spring bulbs are definitely up, so winter's days are numbered. Fourth has a birthday very soon, and I am here to share it with her and she is here to share it with me. Thyroid issues or not, my Ancient One still lives to yowl for me.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-14-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    CC - love and huge hugs coming from across the ditch !
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I read to the end. Let me know if there's owt I can do...you know where I work.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Ugh Crabbcakes I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much health stuff. I had an unusual mamo 2 yrs ago and they had me do a 2nd mamo and ultrasound. It turned out it was just cysts, which have since disappeared, it could be the iodine I take.

And the fracking, that would seriously put me in bad mood.

If you and the girls like to escape to a simpler time you might like to watch Lark Rise to Candleford. It's sort of like Little House on the Prairie, but English countryside.

Right now, in this moment, life is good. I am in a coffeehouse, drinking a spiced hot chocolate (I am no coffee drinker). I actually figured out how to connect to the Internet by myself on my handy-dandy iPad mini. First is across the room with her piano teacher and a handful of other homeschooled kids, getting some good study in before the final next week for their AP Fine Arts class (subtitled "300 years of Western Music, History and Culture"). Second, Third and Fourth are home with the hubby. I could do this more often - this feels good.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya CC - Pleased that you are chillaxing with a hot chocolate !!!!
    Enjoy the moment !!!!!
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Right now, in this moment, life is good. I am in a coffeehouse, drinking a spiced hot chocolate (I am no coffee drinker). I actually figured out how to connect to the Internet by myself on my handy-dandy iPad mini. First is across the room with her piano teacher and a handful of other homeschooled kids, getting some good study in before the final next week for their AP Fine Arts class (subtitled "300 years of Western Music, History and Culture"). Second, Third and Fourth are home with the hubby. I could do this more often - this feels good.
    I looked for a 'like' button.

Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast