Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 35

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm glad to hear you and third are back home. I hope she can continue to ride her pony.

DS was diagnosed before his first hospitalization. His first hospitalization was just overnight for sinus surgery when he was 7. Surgery was traumatic for all of us because none of us had ever been in the hospital or had general anesthesia. After that he had a couple other out patient sinus surgeries and then a few months later he was admitted with pneumonia. Fortunately after that bout of medical interventions he went 5 yrs before he had any other hospitalizations. And then the last 2 yrs he's been hospitalized twice, each stay was for 3 weeks. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we can avoid a hospital visit this year, though if it does happen we've worked out some things that make the visit more manageable.

With CF periodical hospital stays are just a reality. It took us awhile to accept that and now that we have it's less stressful.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    OH CC thank goodness you are home, and don't stress the horse riding thing..... well I mean wait until you know the answer, don't waste your weekend worrying about it.

I started having a few funny turns about 3/4 years ago. As long as I can remember I faint when I vomit - but now I also have the whole jiggly seizure clenched teeth thing going on as well. So not nice actually waking up from one, not knowing what, where, how, who.... but really frightening for DH.
    Anyway heres hoping that all the Crabbcakes can have a quiet relaxing stressfree weekend
    take care
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    DS likes shooting his 22 rifle with DH. I don't go with them but I hear his aim is getting very good. Lately DS has been playing Team Fortress 2, it's a co-op game he plays on line. In April for DS's birthday I have agreed to take him to a gaming event about 3 hrs form here. From what I understand players bring their computers and play together, there are tournaments and prizes. As a parent I'm curious to meet the people he plays on line with. I guess I'll just bring some knitting or felting to keep myself busy.

So far DS hasn't been interested in anatomy, but I think I want to check out that book Venus with Biceps!
    In terms of math and science, there are entire branches of physics and math that deal with trajectories, wind resistance and all that. In order to get to the math, he'd hafta wade through basic algebra first, though. If he has gotten that far, I'd be more than willing to offer Skype lessons on the physics and math (bear in mind any lessons would need to be evening lessons.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Oh hell, Crabbcakes, I sorry. I hope things turn out to work for Third, I really do. If you need some science help with Second and cooking stuff, I can either try to help or give a couple guest lessons via skype.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Wow, Naiadknight that is so sweet of you to offer! I think he will eventually be interested in the sort of physics that has to do with trajectories and resistance. He seems to have an engineering type of brain; he builds elaborate lego weapons, highly creative but so different from my sort of creativity.

If you want, I could do a modified series, based on his current level.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think his math skills may not be up to the level for physics. He's taken a very circuitous route when it comes to math. He spent 2 yrs studying sacred geometry with Michael Schneider's Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe and in the last year he's been concentrating on learning computational math through a series on Vedic Math. When he finishes this course I thought he should start on Algebra. He's dabbled a little in Algebra but hasn't done a course yet.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    you're in my thoughts xxx
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hey CC - how is everything going with third.
    I have been thinking of you all
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Well, life is getting back to what is normal for this household. I made all sorts of extra calls and such after the excitement of last week, and all seems good - Third still gets to ride her pony and she finally made it back to school on Friday (was sick the entire week) to the overjoyed hugs of her BFF at school. The laundry is getting done. First and Second had piano judging today and got stellar comments - Second even got a "BRAVA!" from her judge. Swimming lessons for the kids are back on the schedule after a long hiatus between my Germany trip and now. I have been doing baking soda no-poo and also coconut oil as a skin moisturizer and I am sold. Second tried it yesterday and loved it - she is my Rapunzel - waist-length gold-blond hair. Bought fresh goat milk instead of cow for an experiment, and it tastes nice. Bought MCT oil also as an experiment and found out that I am able to swallow some straight without any problem, even on an empty stomach.

The only bad thing is cheating and some stress have caught up with me, and I have regained two belt holes. Damn. Gotta get myself together again.
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-02-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast