Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 31

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think I may have to read "Dismantling the Inner School" it looks very interesting. As an unscholling parent I'm continually coming up against my own schooling. Hubby has a similar view as Mr. Albert; DH has said that we forget most of what we are taught in school and only remember the things we are truly interested in, so why not just pretend DS has been taught the uninteresting things and just get on with what he wants to learn.

Sorry to hear you had a headache. I'm the one in my family that's headache prone too. I usually take Excedrin and Benedryl as my headaches are usually sinus related.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Hey, Gwamma! If you get here, start writing, and I will see! Am currently frying potatoes for my Fourth - poor thing is laid up sick and that is the only thing that sounds yummy to her at 20.18 hours.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    CC - sorry I am here finally. I have 10 gorgeous Tongan boys painting my house. we had a wee bit of damage from the 6587 Earthquakes that we have had over the last two years. ..................... so they are painting, and then repairing some schist columns etc.....
    I hope the crablet is feeling better !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted you to know that I am working on the latest installment right now!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Do you seriously have Tongan boys about the house?! I honestly thought you were just busting our chops on those other journals!

Thanks for the get well wish. First is down for the count, too, worse than Fourth, but she is napping. You could tell me about the Maori, though. Are there any full-blooded Maori left nowadays? And why are the Tongans there? No work on the home islands?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Just wanted you to know that I am working on the latest installment right now!
    Thank ye much!

I am led to believe that we do not have any full blooded Maori left in the country - but a few would argue that statement !!!

After all the earthquakes in and around the canterbury region, we have had alot of people leave Christchurch, and so with all the rebuild, we are desperate for skilled subbies. The gang that we have here is an extended family who have all come over to learn the trade. Not many of them speaka da anglaise - so I am having a wee bit of trouble being understood.
    nevermind - they enjoyed my homemade bread - so bonus all round !!!!!

...small steps....

Oh! I have to tell you that I met two Kiwis once. Hubby and I, pre-marriage, were in Holland together for a wee vacation, staying at a youth hostel, as penniless young travelers are wont to do in Europe. So - one morning, hubby and I are discussing the plans for the day at the communal breakfast tables. Two barefooted Aussies overhear the English, Yankee-flavored as it is, and join us. The same happens with a few Brits. And then, finally, a Kiwi couple join us - a man and his Maori wife. Wow, that was fun! Almost the entire English-speaking world.

All that was missing was a Canadian and perhaps an Irishman, although I never know how to truly consider the Irish, and Scots and Welsh, as they had native languages of their own before English arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    After all the earthquakes in and around the canterbury region, we have had alot of people leave Christchurch, and so with all the rebuild, we are desperate for skilled subbies. The gang that we have here is an extended family who have all come over to learn the trade. Not many of them speaka da anglaise - so I am having a wee bit of trouble being understood.
    nevermind - they enjoyed my homemade bread - so bonus all round !!!!!
    What is a subbie?

PrimalCon New York
    oh sorry a subbie - is a subcontractor. Usually a painter, gib stopper, tiler, etc... referred to in NZ by some of us as subbies !

We have only been to America and the UK once, but were often mistaken for Australians.

...small steps....

Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast