Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 28

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I love your tightest hole on the belt goal! I, too, need a new car. My VW Passat is an a**hole! My husband has a pristine 98 Chrysler Sebring convertible with 5,000 miles on it. I think he is going to buy a truck and give me the convertible . So, Germany, huh? AMAZING! And potatoes?! 2013 is going to be interesting for everyone

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I love your tightest hole on the belt goal! I, too, need a new car. My VW Passat is an a**hole! My husband has a pristine 98 Chrysler Sebring convertible with 5,000 miles on it. I think he is going to buy a truck and give me the convertible . So, Germany, huh? AMAZING! And potatoes?! 2013 is going to be interesting for everyone
    Yeah, potatoes. I generally gave them up once I declared myself Primal, until my Germany trip, that is. We still have them in the house as the rest of my people are not Primal. Hubby just eats what I cook or do not cook, First is "clean food" as she is sensitive to various chemicals added to food, Second is dairy-free and gluten-free, Third is on the SCD, and Fourth is, as mentioned, seriously picky. On the scale of Cardinal Food Sins, I consider potatoes to be minor, as long as they do not lead to other nonsense, or become a habit such that they throw the low carb thing way outta the ball park.

I really have been thinking of this Primal thing lately... The first six months were "experiment" time to get in better shape before my trip, but now I am at the point where I feel obliged to make up my mind whether I am really going to go for the Full Primal Lifestyle or not. As you know, just putzing around gets you exactly nowhere. So far, everything Mark stands for, that I have chosen to try, has proven itself in my life without any negatives except for some willpower I need to expend, so no real fears except that I am weak-willed at the moment and kind of don't wanna even though I know this will be awesome for me. Human nature, huh?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Yeah, potatoes. I generally gave them up once I declared myself Primal, until my Germany trip, that is. We still have them in the house as the rest of my people are not Primal. Hubby just eats what I cook or do not cook, First is "clean food" as she is sensitive to various chemicals added to food, Second is dairy-free and gluten-free, Third is on the SCD, and Fourth is, as mentioned, seriously picky. On the scale of Cardinal Food Sins, I consider potatoes to be minor, as long as they do not lead to other nonsense, or become a habit such that they throw the low carb thing way outta the ball park.

I really have been thinking of this Primal thing lately... The first six months were "experiment" time to get in better shape before my trip, but now I am at the point where I feel obliged to make up my mind whether I am really going to go for the Full Primal Lifestyle or not. As you know, just putzing around gets you exactly nowhere. So far, everything Mark stands for, that I have chosen to try, has proven itself in my life without any negatives except for some willpower I need to expend, so no real fears except that I am weak-willed at the moment and kind of don't wanna even though I know this will be awesome for me. Human nature, huh?
    I hear you and feel you on the whole "primal issue". I kicked drinking beer, smoking, and being a worthless pile in the last 6 months. I've been "primal" since 2010, although how could I have been Primal as an alcoholic? I do drink red wine now. I don't crave it or live for it. I don't live for cheese anymore, although I still love it and have it, occasionally. I've eschewed meat, then gone back to meat (in much smaller portions), hated carbs, indulged in sweet potatoes and some rice (although rice is just pointless filler to me), then decided, meh, don't need so many carbs... you know the drill. I feel like I'm in a new mindset. I have 3 close family members right now with stage 4 cancer. I'm now trying to hack the best way to de-stress, figure out what life is supposed to be lived for, and eat as non-toxic as possible.

Anyway, this isn't about me! It's about you and all of us that are just trying to find the best way to get through daily life and enjoy every damned scrap of it! I love that you experiment with your diet. I love that you obviously adore your family and that your husband will support you. I think you are a seriously rad person, and whether or not you decide to continue "Paleo" or "Primal", I hope you continue to update here sometimes

Hey, Raspy, DO talk about yourself! As I tell my "typical" kids all the time, even though they are good and sick if it, it is in the sharing of personal stories that we help each other and learn!! (They have a whole childhood of waiting patiently while Mom finishes yakking with some stranger or other at therapy or the Clinic behind them...). Thanks for the compliment about being rad - I have never been called that before!

Wow, cancer. I am really sorry to hear that. I cannot imagine as I have don't have much experience there. My cousin died of a brain tumor a few years back (at 24) but my aunt never actually came out and bald-faced said "John has brain cancer" and my experience with any cancer was zilch, and my ability to mind-read awful, so that by the time I picked up on what he really was going through, I was visiting him in palliative care at CHOP, and even then, that was my first-ever hearing of the term "palliative care" that I had to go and look it up. Sounds really, really ignorant and stupid of me, but I was clueless until I saw him there, mostly out of his mind and just occasionally lucid, as brain tumors did to him, and it all made sudden sense. My aunt never called to ask for help or complain or anything during his illness. I just got a phone call one day telling me that I should really meet them at CHOP, so we went as we were all living in Jersey at the time.

Re staying on this forum - hell yes!! This is the first and only online forum I have ever joined, with no plans to leave. So if you will talk to me, I will be here. And besides - I really like you!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Re staying on this forum - hell yes!! This is the first and only online forum I have ever joined, with no plans to leave. So if you will talk to me, I will be here. And besides - I really like you!
    Phew.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Well, let me just say that I am happy you're still here, and I'm still here, and we both are rad. It's my step-dad, great-grandmother, and mother-in-law that have stage 4 cancer. I want them all to live forever, for very selfish reasons (I love them). I think you are a swell person. I like your tenacity. I like the Appalachians. I think good people, like you, are what make other good people decide not to be so apathetic about life. You're good, I'm good, It's all good, for some reason my chin itches (totally unrelated).

Hells bells...

On Monday one of Third's favorite classmates succumbed to a serious genetic disorder. Everybody adult in her life knew this was coming eventually, but Third did not. The little girl was only supposed to live one year, but made it to 11, out of the sheer force of her mama's love. After a lifetime of seizures, spasticity, feeding tube, very little volitional movement, bracing, severe scoliosis, heavy duty drugs, poverty and begging the state for help, and so many surgeries and hospital stays, her trials are over.

Third and I are taking this kind of hard - I am weepy just writing this. And in a little while we are off to the viewing in town.

There are never the right words for this kind of thing.

canio6 Guest
    Hugs CC (and one for Third too)

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    My heart goes out to you and third.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There are never the right words for these things, that is true, but there is the love you can show rather than say and I am sure that family will appreciate your support. I'm thinking of you and sending love to you and your family.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast