Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 27

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Happy New Year, everybody! May you all have a very Primal year full of love, good food, fitness, fun, and reached goals!
    Same to you CC. My best to you and yours
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Happy New Year Crabbcakes! (I'm only a few days late!) I'm happy to say I reached my goal of 10 full push-up. DS is pushing me to do more sets, yesterday I did 5, spread out over the day & evening. If any one would have told me this time last year I'd be able to do 50 push-ups in day, I would have said they must be talking about some one else. I've never considered myself strong so it goes to show you can change even at the ripe age of 52!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Happy New Year, Journal!

Time to re-evaluate, reflect, gossip a bit, and maybe set some goals...

Gossip first, shall we? Yesterday I scored big at a salvage grocery - I found a brand-new Benriner spiral slicer at half off! I have had this on my wish list for a while now, after discovering its existence on a lot of raw-food sites/in raw food books. Second is currently spiral-slicing every potato in the house and making a spiral-sliced pan-fried large-as-a-plate fried-in-lard hash-brown-style potato pancake for everybody in the house. I just got mine, topped with two over-easy eggs... YUMMMMMMM!

I am holding steady at the third hole on my Belt Measure, despite my extended holiday season, which kicked off mid-November with my trip to the Vaterland. I got Mark's new Sauces and Dressings cookbook for Christmas and have already made the Onion Gravy, which Crabbcakes, Hubby, First, Second, and Third proclaimed to be anywhere from good to delicious. Fourth spit it out. But Fourth is notoriously picky. Truly, I am seriously beginning to believe Fourth is a super-taster for real - she can detect the smallest nuances in flavor. That would also explain her absolute love of plain food - everything else is overwhelming to her.

And we bought a new car Monday night. Our beloved Chevy Venture is on its last leg - the check engine light is on again (we have already replaced the engine once), there is a horrific vibration coming from the front end (which a bearing replacement did not fix and three mechanics cannot further explain even though they hear it and feel it), also a huge squeak just like a bed spring also from the front end, 180,000+ miles, and a badly rusted suspension. We have been searching for the perfect replacement car for a while, knowing that cars are not immortal, and made our decision - a 2013 Toyota Sienna. So after a Ford Bronco (sold a long time ago), a Buick Skylark (a '79 waiting in the barn for restoration), a '99 Chevy Astro (still owned by us and running well), a Chevy Venture, a Chrysler LeBaron (hubby's almost-antique convertible in mint condition), a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee (still owned by us and running - our 8-cylinder I'm-stuck-on-this-hill-in-the-snow car) and two Mazda Protege (one driven to death at 250,000 miles; the second is currently with us and is Hubby's commute-to-New Jersey car) - this mostly American-made family has chosen a Japanese ride. Four days in.... and we LOVE THIS CAR.

----

Rehash of 2012: I went Primal. I joined the MDA. I survived one Whole30. I did get healthier and happier and thinner, my sleep is more ordered now, my moods are more stable, and my self-esteem is up. I didn't really get more fit. 'Cause I am a lazy snot with the WOMing, I know. All in all - very positive and definitely better than the same time one year ago!

----

Goals: Having a hard time with this. That Germany trip was such a motivator, and now I don't have anything external that is that powerful. I was thinking just this morning that it would be a good thing to simply continue with my journey along the Belt Measure. I have two holes to go - this is a 5-hole belt - and I would dearly love to lose a few more inches around the waist (it is still bigger than necessary). SO... (drum rolllllllllll)

CRABBCAKES NEW GOAL IS TO LOSE ENOUGH BODYFAT/INCHES TO COMFORTABLY FIT INTO THE TIGHTEST HOLE ON THE BELT MEASURE BY MAY 31ST.

Which date just happens to coincide with some little birdie's birthday, btw...

So, Journal, that is all for the moment. It has been good to get back to you, and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 01-28-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Happy New Year Crabbcakes! (I'm only a few days late!) I'm happy to say I reached my goal of 10 full push-up. DS is pushing me to do more sets, yesterday I did 5, spread out over the day & evening. If any one would have told me this time last year I'd be able to do 50 push-ups in day, I would have said they must be talking about some one else. I've never considered myself strong so it goes to show you can change even at the ripe age of 52!
    Party at Forager's place!!! That must be the best feeling, being fit like that. Isn't the Primal thing just amazing at times?!

I think I could do 3. Once. With bad form. But I have noticed that as my moods and sleep stablilize, getting the fit thing going is getting a wee bit more attractive.

I have been debating whether I should just go and buy that YAYOG book and start making my way through it - in fact, I think I will go into the office and have hubby hit amazon right now...

Yeah it feels pretty good after a lifetime of thinking of myself as somewhat of a weakling. My form on the push-ups isn't all that great so now I'm working on improving my form. DS and I use the PBF, focusing on doing the 4 primal moves, it's available for free down load. Some find it a little boring but I like the way Mark clearly demonstrates the progression of each movement, so I know when to move on to the next level. I tried other routines that I found on youtube and I found that I couldn't really asses my progress and most seemed too advanced for me.

We had a Benriner spiral slicer at a restaurant I worked at, we used to cut beets on it and garnish salads with them. It's funny how that impressed people. I always thought I would like to have one at home. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. It must be fun to have a kid that's into cooking, I would love to have some one else in the house enjoy cooking, and make me breakfast! DH does sometimes make me breakfast on the weekend.

GAPS is much more doable now that we are on "full" GAPS. DS will be off steroids in 1 month then he will join us on full GAPS. I don't think I will have him do the intro, I think it may be too challenging and put him off to the whole thing. One thing I need to find out is if he can still have his raw goat milk. I'd hate to have him give it up, we have a goat share so we could substitute kefir for milk but no one here cares for the kefir, too sour.

HELP WANTED AD...

SOMEONE WHO CAN EXPLAIN, IN WORDS A TECHNOLOGY-IDIOT CAN UNDERSTAND, HOW TO ADD ONE OF THOSE CUTE QUOTESY ADD-ONS LIKE LOTS OF FOLKS HAVE AT THE BOTTOM OF THEIR REPLY BOXES...

I found a really inspiring quote, and I would like to add it. I am clicking around here, looking for the magical button that has "push here to add quote" on it, but haven't found it...

Thaaaaanks...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    HELP WANTED AD...

SOMEONE WHO CAN EXPLAIN, IN WORDS A TECHNOLOGY-IDIOT CAN UNDERSTAND, HOW TO ADD ONE OF THOSE CUTE QUOTESY ADD-ONS LIKE LOTS OF FOLKS HAVE AT THE BOTTOM OF THEIR REPLY BOXES...

I found a really inspiring quote, and I would like to add it. I am clicking around here, looking for the magical button that has "push here to add quote" on it, but haven't found it...

Thaaaaanks...
    the button you are looking for is EDIT SIGNATURE.
    You can find it by going to FORUM ACTIONS>GENERAL SETTINGS and you'll see it in the sidebar on the left, about halfway down.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Testing...

YooHoo!!!!

Thanks, badger!!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Nice quote! And well done, you are a good learner!

So. In keeping with the spirit of all those poo-less threads on here at the moment, I have gone poo-less and used baking soda only the last time I washed my head...

And Holy Saint George, Batman! Those dragon scales I have been dealing with at the hairline are seriously diminishing!! I just looked for them, as the bedhead could seriously use some attention this a.m., and I actually had to looooook - mostly they greet me by falling out of my hair all by themselves when they get to missing me.

I'll be damned.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast