Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians page 20

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day Two

Did the Number Three today - Legs and Glutes

Food was good. Sun was nonexistent - rained all day. Walking didn't happen. YAYOG happened. Here is the rundown - good mornings, squats, box jumps, calf raises.

Sleep last night was awful - just couldn't settle down. I plan on reading a book tonight - that usually does me in because I am already prone in bed. Therein is usually my challenge - just getting into the damn bed and getting flat.

Arms a little sore from yesterday, got a good burn from the calf raises today. Today First, Second, and Fourth did all the exercises with me... my own little cheer squad.

I think I am going to start pinning up some beefcake somewhere where I can regularly see it (perhaps my master bath, so the girls don't see it much) for inspiration. Nothing Hollywood-y, perhaps Mark Lauren from the YAYOG book and Erwan LeCorre. I'll take it down when I am tighter and fitter.

I wore my current "skinny jeans" AND had my belt on Hole Number Three all day today... still flabby handles some, but five months ago I couldn't even pull my skinnies all the way over may arse. Progress.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you're going great guns!
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Bess58 is offline Member
    Congratulations on your good start and on your progress during the last five months! You have come a long way already, and I'm convinced you can reach all your goals. How nice that your girls do the exercises with you!

Today is our national holiday (commemoration of the reunification of Germany), and I am enjoying a nice free and sunny day in the middle of the week. Not that it changes the fact that I have to do some work, as I am a freelancer (I always joke that a sunday is just a day when Aldi's is closed). By the way, is it the same in the US, all shops being closed on Sundays?

But I live in the center of a big city (well, in Germany 1 million inhabitants is big) which usually is very noisy. On a weekday you get woken up by the garbage collection, various recycling collections, traffic, ambulance sirens, city cleaning and loud voices from six o'clock in the mornings onwards. Today there are very few noises, just the seagulls from the nearby river are croaking.

I just put some henna on my hair, as I don't need to go out this morning. I got my hands on some good stuff that really comes from India. Indian women just have like 4000 years of experience with henna ... Maybe going to the gym in the afternoon.

Have a nice day all!

Edited to add: the "sunny" day is history already ...
    Last edited by Bess58; 10-03-2012 at 03:46 AM.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Hi all,
    Doing well Crabccakes. I like aching from exercise as I always think it must be doing me good.
    I hate it on the odd occasion that I don't sleep properly. Normally when I don't exercise and haven't eaten well. Haven't slept well last couple of nights, think it was eating out and stressful days. Our Norwegian visitors were lovely, however it is a strain talking all day with different accents.
    Forced myself to go to a class tonight as conscious haven't been eating great.
    Out again tomorrow with friends.
    Aiming to get back on the straight and narrow from Friday.

By the way Bess vast majority of shops including Aldi are open in the UK.
    Shorter opening hours 11 - 5pm as opposed to 9am 8pm. Big supermarkets open 24 hrs per day during the week.
    Last edited by annedawso; 10-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Day Three

Walking - did it twice: once at the park with Third and Fourth, and once at the Y around the track while Second and Fourth were in gymnastics classes. The park gave me some sun for the day.

Food is still clean 100%, but it is making me grumpy as hell. I have plans to latch onto the teat of a goat and not let go once these 30 days are up, I want cheese that much. Miss my chocolate, too.

We just got home not an hour ago - sent the kids to bed for some sleep and am finishing little things up. Drove home on a rotten headache, still have it, therefore I couldn't care less about the YAYOG for tonight, I'll make it up tomorrow morning after Third goes to school.

Bess - ah, Tag der Deutschen Einheit. Aldi is open here on Sunday as well. In fact, the only thing not open on Sundays are banks, government offices, private doctor offices, most schools, and Chick-fil-A (as the founder is a devout practicing Christian and won't allow his stores to be open on Sundays). By 18.00 Uhr most of the stores are wrapping it up, though.

Day Four

Made up the YAYOGing from Day 3, and did the ones from today as well. Breakdown: Day 3 Core - standing knee raises, crunch it ups, s&m push ups, yes no maybes. Day 4 Pull exercises - let me ins, curls, claws. Second did the YAYOGing with me again, and wants to continue all month long. The other three bailed on me in favor of a cd-rom horse game.

Food is still good. Got some topless sun this afternoon. Walking got forgotten but the chores didn't - the house looks good right now and I have a newly cleaned wool area rug to boot (scrubbed it myself). I also went to a meeting with the director of volunteers at our county arts center - I am going to be a volunteer there. Really, really excited - arts centers make my heart beat faster, and I can't really believe that my kids are at the point where I could actually do something like this semi-regularly.

Cheese cravings are better today, but still there. After the goat, maybe I'll go milk a sheep.

Sleep was sketchy last night, but better than that rotten night a couple of nights ago.

I seem to be puffy - weird, because I normally am not. Third says that she gets that way when she goes back to gymnastics after a break in practice but that it passes.

Now I am going to bail on everybody here in favor of a book to fall asleep to...

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I have no idea how you manage to fit so much into your days. And you live in the woods? Colour me envious...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Day Five

Nothing much happened today - I got a crapton of paperwork done that I have been ignoring for eons. I must have eaten something leftover that would have been a better choice for the compost bucket because I got nauseous and still am, though not seriously.

So, no sun, no sprinting, no walking, but the food is still Whole30 compliant. Tomorrow being Saturday, I will make it up then when I clean out the fire pit for some guests due to hang around our fire and then head to the tractor pulls with us. BTW, the good ole' boys and their tractors are back in my DinkyTown for the weekend. Lots of engine roaring tonight .

I have plans for next week's YAYOGing - two sections of body each day for four days, then the play one day, then the sprinting one day, and still Sunday off. I am doing the exercises, just not so many reps/sets that I can't move the next day, because you know, I need to be able to move around and drive Third around. I did enough that I could feel some burn and soreness next day, but nothing stupid, so I think I can kick it up a small notch. Same careful rep/set strategy, just two YAYOG areas of concentration daily instead of this week's intro of one.

Second was hurting today after the YAYOGing of yesterday (she lacks arm strength - it holds her back in gymnastics - this might just do the trick...), and she was wondering how I couldn't be as sore as she felt. And - I won an arm wrestling match with my First (she challenged me) - both arms .
    Last edited by Crabbcakes; 10-05-2012 at 10:11 PM.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Doing well Crabbcakes, hope you feel better soon? I haven't been too bad this weekend, though circuits killed me on Saturday. That's my punishment for not eating healthy and not exercising enough.
    From tomorrow I am going to have over 3 weeks of not going out.
    Intend to eat clean and exercise 6 days per week. Reckon it is 26 days to my next planned night out. So will use time to try and lose a few pounds and get my fitness back to hat it was a couple of weeks ago.

Been to the Lake District for the weekend so plenty of football with the youngest. I even bought a frisbee and we had great fun.
    Though did eat lovely BBQ ribs at restaurant.
    Bess, hope you are well and not too busy with work.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Crabbcakes you're doing great on your exercises! I haven't gotten sore for a long time; I think that means it's time to step it up a bit. Truth is I've never been that into exercising or sports, I'm doing it because I know it's good for me. Which means it's hard for me to stay motivated, I end up thinking of a thousand other things I need to do and before I know the day is gone and I haven't done my exercises. I do walk my dogs daily, that's something I enjoy.

Page 20 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast