If life is love, then hatred is death. If hatred is death, then self-hatred is suicide. I'm done hating myself.

That's my motto. The new me....*cue angels singing*

Now onward to the juicy parts!

Since this is the first page of my Primal Journal, I thought I should just go ahead and post a link to the long autobiographical story I've just posted to my blog. (Here is a link to the blog entry for pictures. Feel free to poke around while you're there and perhaps subscribe to us )

As a head's up, I'm just going to straight up tell everyone that I am a Christian (not the rabid fundie type or the judgmental "God says" type either). My story is colored with references to my faith and since my faith is the primary catalyst of this journey, it's only fitting.

Now to the numbers!

I started this journey at 303 lbs on May 2, 2012. I'm currently at 274 lbs. For a total loss of 29 lbs. Woot.

Since I don't have insurance, you're not going to get those geekalicious figures detailing my blood chemistry and lipid profile. I know, I know, many sigh in disappointment.

Now those who clicked the link and read my snazzy autobiography will know that I'm going to attempt a 60 day juice fast starting next week. I'm thinking of starting July 10, but I may start later in the week depending on how fast I can clean and prep the massive load of produce that mi padre is supposed to be bringing back from his sojourn to Arkansas this weekend.

I know what many of you are thinking.....A JUICE FAST? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING??? NOT PRIMAL!!!

And if that is you, I say "Hey, it's self-experimentation at its finest. If it works, great. If not, well, live and learn." I want it to work very badly, but I also know that my body is very broken at the moment. I'm viewing this juice fast as a long-term fast, not a hippie dippie raw foodist conversion experience. After 5 years of vegetarianism, I really enjoy eating meat. I don't see that changing just because I forsake food for 60 days.

Wish me luck and pray if you are so inclined. You can follow my journey here in my journal, here on my blog or on twitter (@AshleyDLG).