Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Hi from Brighton, UK

Hi from Brighton, UK

Shop Now
    Hi,

I'm Elaine, 43 years old and have always been a bit of a tubby one...grew up in Scotland, there was a LOT of starch and sugar in my diet, something that I've taken with me to, well...11 days ago when i discovered PB!!

I'm amazed that I have given sugar in my coffee up, truly, it's been so easy, after years of emotional over-eating...who'd have thought..i haven't even wanted anything 'nasty' to eat, when before that stuff made up probably 90% of my diet!

I recently had my gallbladder removed and wanted to get healthy, I still looked 6 months pregnant despite the fact that my daughter is now 5, can't really use the baby-belly excuse anymore

Anyway, apologies if this doesn't flow too well, am not used to posting on forums, but i like this one a lot, am a bit addicted i have to say..

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 7lbs in 11 days!!??

Despite eating loads, have had a few days when I haven't felt hungry until way into the afternoon...just wish I'd discovered this years ago, but i guess we find things when we are ready, if it hadn't been for my GB surgery I doubt i'd even have thought twice about what the crap i was eating was doing to my poor body...

And...already I've gone up a notch on my jeans belt, yay me!!

Am in slight panic mode today though as have just realise how skint i am when i checked my bank balance, am hoping my cake savings will cover the expense of extra meat...it's sooo expensive...I might have to go hunting and gathering to Lidl or Aldi soon

I love reading all your success stories and your personal journeys, they are so inspiring

bye for now
    Last edited by kiltgirl; 07-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Yaay you indeed

Hi KG - I'm very new here too

Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    Yaay you indeed

Hi KG - I'm very new here too
    Hi back Piskie, nice to have another new girl from the UK on here too

I loved your intro

Thanks Piskie and Gary, have hardly felt hungry today at all...but this evening have had most of a bottle of a blimmin lovely Shiraz Cabernet and some 85% dark choc...and some macadamia nuts...is a good balance though as the rest of the week has been just about 100%...my girl went to her dad's for the weekend this evening so having some nice thangs

how are you doing, what have you been eating today? have had a weird day food wise, not really fancied any proper meals but been picking on meat/cheese/nuts etc...gfor lunch i had 3 boiled eggs, half an avocado and 8 cherry tomatoes...no imagination lol...i think it will take a few weeks for that to kick in x

Hi kiltgirl! Sounds like you're getting off to a great start!

We used to live in Brighton a few years back - I bet it's looking suitably dramatic with all the rain lately! Also lived in Scotland for a while. I'll never forget the first time I went into a Glaswegian supermarket... I actually stopped someone to ask where the rest of the vegetable section was. Never occurred to me that's all they had on offer!

For what it's worth, I found the expense really evens out once your body adapts fully. Between skipped meals, loss of interest in eating out, and regulated appetite leading to smaller portion sizes, if anything I spend less on food now than I did before going primal.

Enjoy!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltgirl View Post
    I might have to go hunting and gathering to Lidl or Aldi soon
    I get Aldi's bratwurst as I prefer the taste to Lidl's. Got a taste for them when I was in the army in Germany. I find the quality and prices in both places to be acceptable but then I'm not what you'd call a paleo/primal purist. I just do what I can, when I can.

My big thing was giving up nearly all grains. I will now occasionally have rice or rice noodles but definitely no bread, cakes & etc. Probably have to relent with Christmas pudding, cake and sherry trifle though. As a result of a few simple changes I have lost 23lbs in five months and I'm content at losing 1lb per week.

I also started HIT exercise on my rowing machine, and, Thursday I did my first Body by Science workout. Shoulders and upper arms still a bit stiff so I won't do any rowing until tomorrow.

I honestly do not understand how people can lose weight so quickly as a pound of fat is some 3,500 calories. I've got my daily intake down to about 1500 and should be using roughly 2,400 to exist. That equates to my just over a pound weight loss each week. 7 lbs is a 24,500 calorie loss and I don't see how one can do it in 11 days and still eat much of anything.

Anyway, I hope all goes well for you.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.