Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on these supplements? page 2

Shop Now
    lol I don't know about ED but I'll warn him. So what I'm hearing is that products that increase NO are not terrible in and of themselves (arginine) but when it comes mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, it can get a little crazy, yes?
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Ehhh.... not quite. The super short version is supplements aren't needed for 99.98% people. If you don't know you don't need it.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

You don't think quality protein powders and such can be helpful for people who don't have access to whole healthy foods? (and me not knowing about these isn't the point; I'm not the one using them. My friend is so I got curious, haha. My supplements are for depression, memory, etc; gingko, B-vitamins, omegas, etc)
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Protein is fine. Personally I think the "premium" stuff is a waste of money, the biggest differences between protein is really the taste. Although some do have less additives than others.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

That makes sense. I know he found one sweetened with stevia instead of artificial sweeteners so that's neat. Personally I do have some protein powder from Melaleuca, which is a company that focuses on not using harmful chemicals and such in their products (I mostly like their cleaning products). I use them while I have them, but I don't know that I'd order more... I always sort of feel that it's going to stall out my fat loss, though maybe it really won't. I see you're at 6%; you've obviously found what works for you! Good for you.
    ~Mollie

Starting body fat - 41%
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12