Thread: Knees.... page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I was a competitive cheerleader for my entire life (age 3-20) so it inclulded cheerleading, stunting, gymnastics, dancing... i have developed some horrendously sore knees in the process and would like to get back into some sort of exercise routine but it seems everything i do or try hurts my knees.

does anyone have any advice, strengthening stuff i can do for my knees??

yodiewan is online now Senior Member

Maybe bodyweight squats if they aren't too painful.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

What exactly is wrong with your knees... where does it hurt. Have you considered going to physical therapy?

- my knees hurt on the inside parts (like where your knees can knock together haha). it doesnt help i am incredibly flat footed so running, which i did for some 8 odd years didn't help matters either.

- have tried body squats before, but even after stretching afterwards when i bend down later it hurrrrrtttts, like a lot

- physical therapy? hah- would be nice but i can barely afford to feed myself

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

How's your flexibility? Are your hamstrings super tight?

YES THEY ARE- im rather flexible i can do splits & straddles, back bends etc

one_eye_mike Guest

You really should see a phsyical threapist for a work up. I've got different knee issues and they prescribed a series of stretches and strengthing exercies. Made a world of difference.

I'm also a big advocate of a producate called kttape.

Read about it at kttape.com...product may or may not be for you, helps me tremondously with my cycling.

i know i SHOULD, and i know if i got a bone scan i would surely have osteopenia, however i cannot afford it and to me, there is no point in knowing because whats the point of worrying...

A- i dont trust doctors and

B- i wont take medicine at all. period.

so i thought i would ask for advice on strengthening my knee through exercise... i know wall squats are good but they hurt my knee, tried walking squats, they hurt too... i think short sprints(like 3 of them maybe 10-15 seconds) is about what helps most and lots of long walks...dunno how primal it is though to go on long walks?

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

A really good massage therapist (not just your average massage person, but a medical type) might see which muscular imbalance puts stress on that part of your knees, and might give you some exercises to realign everything. I've met people who also can exercise, run, etc., but only if they put on some kind of brace which keeps the knees from getting into the wrong alignment.

My knee problems are much simpler than yours: age 63, badly overweight, some bad cartilage which I've failed to heal. Primal all the way --- then if I've done everything I can and still they hurt, a medical massage person (there's a good one where I live) might be called for.

Ry
    Ry is offline Member

most knee problems stem from the hips and the ankles having restricted mobility. problems in the hips and ankles force the knee to move differently in order for your body to carry out movements. I would suggest working on your hips and your ankles, type hip mobility or ankle mobility into a youtube search and you should be able to find some good videos. Another thing is to not expect your pain to go away quickly, your body has likely been out of alignment for a while now and it takes a long time for it to re-adjust and heal itself.