Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No lentils/beans? Really? page 2

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I just see negative consequences to dropping dairy .
    How so? We are the only animal on the planet that consumes dairy after the weaning period. Humm, what are we missing?
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    When I read Mark's book in April and came to this site shortly after that, I could not imagine giving up cheddar, cottage, cream and Parmesan cheeses, skim milk & yogurt. Since having none but a TBS of org cream in coffee every morning, I'm amazed at how I have NO congestion anymore. I had exhausted all sources for trying to keep my nose from stopping up each and very night, sprays, inhalers, that horrid salt water, nothing worked for long. I have NOT had a moment's problem with congestion now for months!!!!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I don't know, but I do much better when I eat quark, cheese and Greek yogurt. I find that my key satiation and well-being mechanism is protein, but I can't stomach too much heavy, greasy meats, and I will never be able to meet my need for 170-180 g protein a day and stay in a non-gaining caloric range with meat. My main problem is sugar in fruit. Fermented dairy adds pleasant variety, tons of protein and helps me not to miss fruit. A touch of cocoa powder, lemon juice and stevia with my quark or yogurt or a whey smoothie, and I can ignore the familial fruit plate with a cool detachment. It also improves my digestion and I have no congestion issues. Oh, and a small slice of cheese in the evening is a bliss.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-06-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ToldUzo is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    How so? We are the only animal on the planet that consumes dairy after the weaning period. Humm, what are we missing?
    But we are also the only animals on this planet that cook our foods, ferment it, cultivate it and so on... maybe that is what makes us humans? If you eat clean, preferably organic and local foods all in moderation, then the variety might not be so bad for health? Only if you can tolerate dairy etc. of course (most are fine with raw).
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I guess I should get off these boards, since I abandoned the style of eating.
    No! Your experience is helpful!

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    We are also the only animal to consume cooked meat (unless we feed it to other animals). Hmmm, we should only eat raw food!!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Dairy is one of those individual things... I didn't consume dairy for about 10 years... until I found out that my real problem with dairy wasn't 'lactose intolerance' but 'processing intolerance'.
    After I found raw dairy is my friend again with no negative effects.
    One of the other reasons why I do eggs, fish, dairy, meat, but no beans... the ability to actually utilize/absorb the protein.

Eggs- 88%
    Fish- 78%
    Dairy- 76%
    Meat- 68%
    Beans- 33-39%
    Yeah... all I can think is why bother. No bang for my caloric bucks...
    But then I never was a big bean fan to begin with... if they fit into an individual set of goals... everyone is different and all.

Also... Leida- I don't think that tweaking for personal goals is abandoning.
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-06-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Realy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisyummy View Post
    No! Your experience is helpful!
    Ditto..

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It is good to know what beans can do to you. Then you can make an informed choice whether you want to base your diet on them or eat them as an occasional meal. I find they go best with plenty of ghee and paneer cheese in a rich, Indian gravy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast