Thread: sticky stuff page

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member

sticky stuff

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, cooking question. I bought a few 72% dark chocolate bars, and melted them down and added some coconut flakes and pecans and almonds, then spread them on parchment paper.

they are now so awesome, but problem is , why are they now stickier then the original chocolate bar? that did not melt as easily as this does now. i had to put them in the refrigerator to keep them from sticking. does melting store bought dark chocolate always do this? how do they get the chocolate to not melt on you fingers so quick?

Quote Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
    Hey, cooking question. I bought a few 72% dark chocolate bars, and melted them down and added some coconut flakes and pecans and almonds, then spread them on parchment paper.

they are now so awesome, but problem is , why are they now stickier then the original chocolate bar? that did not melt as easily as this does now. i had to put them in the refrigerator to keep them from sticking. does melting store bought dark chocolate always do this? how do they get the chocolate to not melt on you fingers so quick?

so, all you chocolate eaters don't know how to fix this? thought somebody would know chocolate. thanks for reading.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    It could have something to do with how high you heated it when you melted it. 'cooking' the chocolate instead of gently melting it could change its consistency.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    It could have something to do with how high you heated it when you melted it. 'cooking' the chocolate instead of gently melting it could change its consistency.
    I used a double boiler, and actually did not melt it 100%, was not sure how far to melt it. added the nuts and coconut flakes , poured it onto parchment and let it cool, but it now melts, the second you touch it. does not sit on the shelf nice like it was from the store. was hoping to be able to buy chocolate, add stuff then , enjoy it as before. well, still tasty anyway. guess you can't melt store bought stuff without changing it somewhat.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

thank you jammies for that blog. that was interesting,( very alton brown).! now it is more understood. I actually do not think I heated it enough to get to the proper crystalline stage. i don't even have a thermometer for candy, guess I should get one.

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    That sounds really yum. Add some cherries and I'm there!