Thread: Perpetual motion challenge... page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Perpetual motion challenge...

So, some of you are going to laugh at this challenge and others of you may actually struggle with it, but I came up with this while taking a little walk on my lunch break from work.

The goal:

To complete a five-week plan that includes daily motion that increases incrementally each week.

Why is it called the "Perpetual Motion Challenge?" Because, during this period of motion, there is to be NO stopping. The point of this is to form a continuous period of foward-moving motion.

The rules:

1) You may use any of the following forms of forward motion and do not have to use the same one each day:
    • Walking
    • Running
    • Bicycling
    • Skipping
    • Jumping

2) Things that do not count as perpetual motion are activities that call for periods of standing such as skateboarding, scootering, ect.

3) No stopping. Hit a red light? Turn around the block and head for the next light. Get creative with ways to remain in motion for the entire period.

4) No, you cannot break it up into periods of activity. Kind of defeats the purpose of PERPETUAL motion, right?

The plan looks like this:

Week 1: Daily perpetual motion of 30 minutes.
    Week 2: Daily perpetual motion of 45 minutes.
    Week 3: Daily perpetual motion of 1 hour.
    Week 4: Daily perpetual motion of 1.5 hours.
    Week 5: Daily perpetual motion of 2 hours.

It gets harder and harder to make time for this on a daily basis because of the increasing length of time, but part of the challenge is to plan for it and make it a part of your daily routine. Your legs and lower body circulation will thank you!

If you decide you are going to try this, let us know! And let us know how it's going, when you complete it, ect.

Above all, get outside, get moving, and HAVE FUN!

By the way, someone asked me if speed mattered for this challenge. It does not.

Walk leisurely, briskly, go whatever pace you desire, alternate slow periods with fast...

Just get out there, get moving, and keep it constant!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i actually think this is a pretty good challenge...if nothing else just to get in some good walking. the other exercises might be a bit much in the later weeks (i.e. running two hours daily in week 5), but if those numbers are adjustable to the person, the idea behind this is great.

i'm in my own challenge right now where i have no idea what workout i'm doing the next day...but i might try to fit this in. i've already hit all the numbers for week one (i hope it's okay to stop to pick up dog poop).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i actually think this is a pretty good challenge...if nothing else just to get in some good walking. the other exercises might be a bit much in the later weeks (i.e. running two hours daily in week 5), but if those numbers are adjustable to the person, the idea behind this is great.

i'm in my own challenge right now where i have no idea what workout i'm doing the next day...but i might try to fit this in. i've already hit all the numbers for week one (i hope it's okay to stop to pick up dog poop).
    You don't have to always use the same type of motion. You can mix it up, even within the same period. So, you might start with thirty minutes of running, but then, from there, it regresses into walking for the rest of the time. A leisurely bike ride for an hour or two is very doable though.