Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing weight but gaining fat?! (female aged 29) page 2

CoconutLover is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, I can eat omlettes but I don't think I like eggs in other forms. I like the meatball idea, just don't get how to make spaghetti squash. I know this probably sounds thick but do you buy it as a spaghetti or buy a whole squash and somehow turn it into spaghetti yourself?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutLover View Post
    Thanks everyone. You were right, I tried the same fat machine today and it said I had 8lb less fat than it said last time! I've lost 13lb in about 6 weeks and I'm wondering if that's too much, too fast. Staying away from the scales probably is a good idea, I just can't do it! I'm getting bored of salads and vegetables now too, not sure I can stick with this lifestyle
    Toss that scale or at the very least ignore the fat measurement part of it. I suggest doing measurements instead.

I've lost 23 lbs and 16 inches in 60 days. Fast? I think so, but I feel amazing and things seem to be going just fine, so no stress.

Agree with teach, mix it up if you're getting tired of what your eating. I have a food journal (see link below) with photo's if you're interested in seeing what I eat ...

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutLover View Post
    Thanks, I can eat omlettes but I don't think I like eggs in other forms. I like the meatball idea, just don't get how to make spaghetti squash. I know this probably sounds thick but do you buy it as a spaghetti or buy a whole squash and somehow turn it into spaghetti yourself?
    My go-to breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with fresh diced bell peppers, onions & minced garlic sauteed in bacon grease, with 3 strips of bacon (or 1 minimally processed chicken sausage, everything fried in coconut oil). Sneak those veggies into your omelets. You'll love the taste and never look back.

Spaghetti squash: Take 1 spaghetti squash and cut it the long way into two halves. (Butcher's knife works well for me for halving it.) Scoop out the guts. Put one half onto a microwave-safe dish and nuke on high for 8 - 10 min, depending on the size. Remove carefully - plate will be hot. Take a fork and scoop out the flesh -- which will be stringy, like spaghetti. Thus the name. Add sauce and eat!

I'm making meatballs tonight. Going to add grated cauliflower into the mixture and see how that comes out. Usually, it's 1 lb grass-fed beef, 1 egg, spices (lots of garlic powder, onion flakes, basil, red pepper, oregano) all mixed, shaped into balls, dumped into a pot with a bottom layer of organic marinara sauce (I love Bove's), cover, cook on med-low for 40+ min, stirring at 20 min, then every 5 after that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12