Thread: One Month, Eleven Pounds page

One Month, Eleven Pounds

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday marked one month of eating primally. Is that a word? Anyway, I say eating primal not going primal because I did not change my fitness which is just once a week zumba, or my sleeping which is often midnight computer usage. I eat mostly meat with some veggies (living by myself and salad feels like a lot of work.. Lazy bum), no sugar or grains and little fruit. I frequently have several strips if bacon in the morning, maybe a fruit or veggie snack mid day, and a steak or other meat for dinner. I do use Mio water flavoring which has artificial sweetener, mostly because I don't have air conditioning and flavored water tastes more refreshing for some reason. ANYWAY, I lost 11.2 lbs and roughly 4-5% body fat as measured on one of those special scales! I haven't seen the 150' s in awhile, so 159.9 was a great day! I'm 5' 7, so when 159.4 got me into the Normal category of BMI that was another great day. My goal is 135 by December but I don't care about the number as much as appearance! 22% body fat is another rough goal.

This month I'm starting to work on fitness! I decided to use the Bill Philips Body for Life program, which us similar to primal concepts except it isolates muscle groups more. By December I want to do one pull up and seventeen push ups! Plus be more proportional; there's an hourglass under this pear somewhere! I notice that I feel sluggish and grouchy if I cheat one day (like my two birthday parties, father's day, and yesterday for Independence Day!).... And I'm pretty sure my life long, occasionally debilitating depression is better! I'm so excited by the quick results and positive benefits of this way of eating. Can't wait to are what next month brings when I add fitness!!
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    Starting weight - 170 lbs
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

I chose this other fitness program because I'm more interested in the results I see with Body for Life than what I've seen on Primal Fitness. There are other things I like more about it, but that's the bottom line. (-: There's a diet component to Body for Life also but I don't care for it as it's all about portions and counting servings and of course eating grains, limiting fat. I couldn't be happier with the PB diet component so I'm not about to change that. (-:
    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I find plain water to be boring as well but cannot handle artificial sweeteners. I've been finding an herbal tea I like, brewing that and adding the same amount of plain water. It makes it much more tasty and i'm not having a problem drinking as much as I should.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

rhiarti is offline Member
    That's fantastic progress - congratulations!
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

geomur is offline Junior Member
    congrats on your weight loss, I lost 11 lbs in my first three weeks. I will step on the scale tomorrow Sunday. I discovered that the best drink for me was just water and lemon, a regular lemonade but no sugar.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone! I'll try some water with lemon today. (-: I stalled out for over a week but I think it was because I re-introduced dairy... no more of that! (-:
    ~Mollie

Starting body fat - 41%
    9/4 body fat - 33%
    9/4 weight - 150 lbs