Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How harmful is nonprimal food? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

How harmful is nonprimal food?

Primal Fuel
    I'm struggling a little with my 20%. I pretty much try to stay 100% primal. But sometimes I think it's ok to have something "bad". But afterwards I usually end up stressing about it. I don't really have a clue what bad foods do to you. Is most harm done by gaining a lot of fat by non primal foods? Or is it mostly bad because it is damaging your body?
    Weird questions maybe, but I'm trying to have a little peace with my 20% and decide for myself how big etc I want it to be. Instead of asking some kind of permission on this forum like "can I eat this or that?"

CarlaC is offline Member
    For me, and this is just me: I've been able to gain control over what I eat and how much. That has translated into incredible control over my body and my life. If I were to eat grain or sugar I would not be able to stop where I want to. I am still losing weight so I don't want to screw around with success. Even when I stall out I know that I can walk away from bad foods and I don't feel hung over, swollen, achy, self loathing... and that keeps me going until the weight starts coming off again. So I am at 100%- I have to be. It's not worth it to me to go 80/20. My definition of 100% is probably different from some people- although I now eat only grass fed beef, I have no clue where my eggs come from. I eat yogurt every day. I will have a diet coke every two days or so. Those are my only departures! So is that 98%?

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Why do I have a feeling of deja vu?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I'm struggling a little with my 20%. I pretty much try to stay 100% primal. But sometimes I think it's ok to have something "bad". But afterwards I usually end up stressing about it. I don't really have a clue what bad foods do to you. Is most harm done by gaining a lot of fat by non primal foods? Or is it mostly bad because it is damaging your body?
    Weird questions maybe, but I'm trying to have a little peace with my 20% and decide for myself how big etc I want it to be. Instead of asking some kind of permission on this forum like "can I eat this or that?"
    Yeah, Gadsie. Work on this part.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Why do I have a feeling of deja vu?
    heehee

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think for you personally, you should divide up what is considered "bad" and "good" by a different dividing line than many of us. For you, bad should be (like it should be for everybody):

But for you, good food should include:

Or whatever the Dutch equivalents are. And you should not worry yourself over how often you include such things. It's not going to be the only stuff you eat. Your parents will see to that.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It'r pretty easy for me. If it gives me boils, gas, bloating and pain - then I KNOW it's bad. If science tells us it's not food (refined oils, synthetic anything) then I avoid it. If it's not something I'd feed to my own baby, I shouldn't eat it. Anything GMO like ALL American corn, wheat and soy - is instantly off the table.

That said, at least once every two weeks I eat something deplorable. Sometimes I suffer for it, sometimes I don't. But every time I eat vegetable oil or trans fat, I KNOW I just mummified my arteries a little, and they're probably permanently hardened a little more every time. Debatable? Yeah. Good way to stay away from poison? Guaranteed.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Stressing about it is what makes it bad. You don't eat it every day.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Stressing about it is what makes it bad. You don't eat it every day
    Yes, that too! Eat it and move on. Stress is worse than bad food in many ways.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think for you personally, you should divide up what is considered "bad" and "good" by a different dividing line than many of us. For you, bad should be (like it should be for everybody):

But for you, good food should include:

Or whatever the Dutch equivalents are. And you should not worry yourself over how often you include such things. It's not going to be the only stuff you eat. Your parents will see to that.
    This ^
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast