Thread: Newbie with 5 kids here..... page

TRDoull is offline Junior Member

Newbie with 5 kids here.....

Hi there I'm new and I have only been doing this for a week and a half. I am trying to be full on PRIMAL as I prefer it that way as I have more energy and much greater inner muscular strength. I have not tried working out yet as I walk all the time anyway and have 5 kids that keep me hopping! (youngest is turning 3). I am weaning my family off grains and dairy during the school holidays here.

I love coconut milk and love my thai curries and the odd smoothie. Problem is, the coconut milk gives me lots of extra energy but my skin breaks out badly, once in a while a little nausea creeps in. Also, since starting, I feel really sleepy and energetic at the same time, and can go to sleep at the drop of a hat, usually in mid conversation (my dh teases me over this), but I am actually able to run for short distances now, when before it actually hurt, and I can walk and do other things for far longer periods. So, what is going on? Is this normal? Would love to find out!

Sorry to ramble on so much, I think I need breakfast!
    Last edited by TRDoull; 07-05-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TRDoull View Post
    I am trying to be full on PRIMAL as I prefer it that way as I have more energy and much greater inner muscular strength.

I am weaning my family off grains and dairy during the school holidays here.

I
    Hi, nice to find another kiwi on here. I'm with you on going full Primal, my mother always said I don't do things by halves. I do eat dairy though, but strict with myself on the grains and processed foods.

How did you get on with weaning the grains and dairy for your family?