Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: barefoot tragedy page

barefoot tragedy

i was drunk from 600ml of rum and just finished smoking a blunt when i told the Group that i can run a mile in 9 minutes with my efficient mechanics: small steps and leaning forward.

i tripped over a curb and gashed the bottom of my foot, but i did not know immediately, so kept running thinking i had a blister. when i returned to the Start i was shocked to see blood and a big chunk of skin hanging.

i put three big bandages on it, pressed firmly, and hoped that the skin would reattach. later that night i opened it and performed the first cleaning, some 6 hours after the accident. i cleaned the wound by pouring a 1/4 bottle of rubbing alochol directly on it, and there was much pain from this. the pain lasted about a minute, it was stinging.

the next day i got some neosporin and applied a bandaid. later that night, now this is the second night after the accident, i put my foot in a warm foot bath.

the third day, i jumped in the pool and the let the chlorine take care of it.

now on the fourth day i realize that the skin will never reattach, but it will fall off, and a new layer will build.

i hope to be running barefoot again within 10 days.

all the playa hataz and naysayers, the weak bitches, they tell me "oh now you will wear sneakers!", and they say this with a self-righteous smile, but i tell them "i will run barefoot forever, but never again will i do it drunk".

don't give up.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    but never again will i do it drunk".
    Apparently this does not apply to posting. Good to have you back Dado.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Might take longer than ten days for the skin to become strong enough for running. But, funny story anyway. Glad I don't drink, I very well might have done the same thing.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    ^Well there may be blisters at first, but I think the site would be healed/closed at that point. It's new skin, it has to be re-acclimated to the rough world like the rest of his foot is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Man-up!
    Dado should only be running after food or away from danger.
    Rip the flap of skin off and go do some squats!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    If you haven't removed the flap of skin, you can always try a 'crazy glue' reattachment~ I've done enough of them on my hands~ (chef's knife, don't ask)

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Keep it slathered in neosporin/petroleum jelly and you will be amazed at how fast it will heal I bet. Always works wonders for me.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    am i the only who's curious if you finished the 9 minute mile?

after that much rum and a blunt, i'm pretty sure i would set out on that run and get lost 4 or 5 steps in.

i ran the warrior dash barefoot last year and really cut up my feet. a drop or two of neosporin, a little guaze, lots of tape and maybe some mole skin and i was doing 15-20 mile hikes just a few days later. just walk it off.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Dado, just a small warning that the chlorine in a typical pool is nowhere near high enough in concentration to sterilize wounds (if it was, it would burn your skin and eyes). Especially in a public pool getting in the water would be an infection risk, not a positive thing.

I'm sure you're fine just keep it in mind. And keep being a badass barefooter.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    am i the only who's curious if you finished the 9 minute mile?

after that much rum and a blunt, i'm pretty sure i would set out on that run and get lost 4 or 5 steps in.

i ran the warrior dash barefoot last year and really cut up my feet. a drop or two of neosporin, a little guaze, lots of tape and maybe some mole skin and i was doing 15-20 mile hikes just a few days later. just walk it off.
    Yeah, well-acclimated and toughened feet grow new skin FAST. It's pretty awesome.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast