Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trader Joe's light coconut milk page

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

Trader Joe's light coconut milk

Shop Now
    I tried drinking this on its own yesterday and it tastes like ass. Furthermore, it seems like some kind of thickener was used in it, but it's not listed in the ingredients. What do the rest of you guys think?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I agree that it's kinda lame. The flavor was ok but it was too watered down.

While we're on the subject: I know there is already a thread for "best coconut milk" but what is everyone's opinion? Currently my vote is for Thai Kitchen, but I'm thinking of trying Aroy-D. Any thoughts? I'm not super-concerned about BPA, otherwise I'd get Native Forest. I tried it and it was not as good as Thai Kitchen. I'm asking for preference based purely on taste.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think it tastes fine, and it's also quite thin compared to most coconut milks I've tried. Maybe it was a bad can or just preference?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I agree that it's kinda lame. Too watered down.

While we're on the subject: I know there is already a thread for "best coconut milk" but what is everyone's opinion? Currently my vote is for Thai Kitchen, but I'm thinking of trying Aroy-D. Any thoughts? I'm not super-concerned about BPA, otherwise I'd get Native Forest. I tried it and it was not as good as Thai Kitchen. I'm asking for preference based purely on taste.
    Ugh, so not a fan of Thai Kitchen. That coconut milk tastes even worse to me, and that brand for sure contains thickeners. I liked Arroy-D back when I was using it, but my Walmart stopped stocking it, and the cans I've seen elsewhere cost more than Whole Foods and TJs, so I don't use it anymore.

Jorjor is offline Member
    Well it is light so it's probably quite watered down.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Sometime within the next couple of months Trader Joe's will be selling a full-fat coconut milk. Keeping my fingers crossed about lack of other ingredients, BPA free cans, etc.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I used it to make a non-dairy primal creamer, blended a can of it with an egg and about 1/2C melted coconut oil couple of drops of stevia for taste=YUM. Put it in the fridge and it thickens up to a tight whipped cream consistency, very nice on berries. Thinking it is a personal taste thing?
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-05-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: grammer
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I used it to make a non-dairy primal creamer, blended a can of it with an egg and about 1/2C melted coconut oil couple of drops of stevia for taste=YUM. Put it in the fridge and it thickens up to a tight whipped cream consistency, very nice on berries. Thinking it is a personal taste thing?
    I think that coconut oil makes a huge difference XD I think I will just wait until the full fat version comes out to enjoy it, then.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    The light TJs brand of coconut milk works for me, but I only use it In coffee as a creamer.

Where can I find the good brands!? I have a whole foods, but in what section can I find the good canned stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    The light TJs brand of coconut milk works for me, but I only use it In coffee as a creamer.

Where can I find the good brands!? I have a whole foods, but in what section can I find the good canned stuff!!!
    Ethnic aisle. I like their 365 organic canned milk.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast